Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would rather have my ported twin-screw over a single turbo...but I would rather have twin turbos over a ported twin-screw..

I really want to see what this blower will make power-wise when cranked up...**** 500+rwhp with less than 7psi is a solid start....who knows what kind of power the car will make with 20 more cubes at 14psi :D I think it will see mid 600's without issue

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here is a dyno comparing the 3.8" pulley to my current 3.6" pulley...if you look at the boost at the bottom you will see it made these gains with less than a 1psi increase

+47rwhp
+46rwtq

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a guy with my exact turbo just BB(mine isn't) with just a forged shortblock with near stock CR made 499rwhp and 5xx rwtq at 13.7psi on a 2V motor. Imagin that on a 3v engine...quick spool and TONS of torque without the wieght/more piping for cracks/leaks. I would be a lot faster...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
dont worry about doing a stroker go .20 over and turbo that bitch lol....single or twin it just depends on how much you want to spend...do a single billet wheel 67-70mm and makee 700 on pump gas and your tq be in the 600s..that twin screw will not do that..on a built motor it will put you in the 650 range but your tq will still be in the 500s..you will have the jet engine sound of the turbo spooling along with the throw your ass in your seat tq :)

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
I am a follower if the K.I.S.S. method. I would rather have a single turbo on a street car.
1. Less money.
2. Less **** to break.
3. WAY easier install.
4. Way easier maintenance when something breaks, which it will...

Ever had to take apart a TT kit to change a accessory (Power steering, alt., etc.) ? **** that noise... If you do twins, there is really no need to go bigger than 57 or at the max 62mm... Otherwise your going to be leaving some spool time on the table and I am pretty sure you don't want to run a automatic do you Mickey?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.