Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so im tired of having my wheel well's look like absolute ass, between being dirty, and dull, im not having it anymore.

I plan on REALLY cleaning them with Zep's Degreaser, WW Brush, but after that...im lost!

What should i use to *dress* them?
Make them look nice and black again?
A tire shine?

And on a different note.
Im buying Nasty's GV100 around the end of next week (thanks again Nas!)
Im going to need some pads! (unless he has a few to spare....:shiftyeyes :hug)
What would you guy's recommend?
I already have a three pack of the CCS Euro hand application pads coming in so i can do a light polish/sealent/wax on a customer's car.

Thanks Everyone!
:D

Vince.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I suggest Uber pads get the 5 pack (2 yellow, 2 green, 1 blue) or you can get the LC Hydrotech pads get 2 of the 3 packs the colors are Cyan, Tangerine , and Crimson

I personally dont dress my wheel wells since my GT is lowered you cant really see in there and I wash them every wash with Zep citrus at 4:1 and a wheel well brush that they stay looking nice and clean which makes it not necessary to. I dont even dress my ML 350's wheel wells I just clean with Zep Citrus and a wheel well brush and spray them off and they look great. If you want get some Chemical guys fade to black spray (its now called back to black spray).

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it's not just for my car, it's for when i do customers car's too.
i just wanted to know the correct way to go about it!

and danny, can you send me some links? :D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vader, once i get some more $$$ ill be able to justify the megs kit.
but since im just starting out and learning, i think those regular style pads for 25$ would be perfect.

and dan, which do you like more?
the LC Hydro, or Uber? :]

EDIT. and 5.5 inch, yes?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
in the end its all gonna cost the same..you can buy the pads separately as well. they are 18bucks for a pack of 2 for the cutting or finishing pads.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how so?
:)
(i learn more and more everyday, so teach me!)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
well by the time you buy pads, and get all your polishes and compounds..its gonna come close. if you dont wanna buy the whole system the pads work very well with other polish and compounds as well. The much thinner pad of the MF disc is also a huge plus for machines like the PC, and one you are buying because of the less rotating mass so they are able to keep rotating with pressure on them.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh!
i already have everything i need (for now, hahaha) besides the DA, and the pads! :p

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
ok then i would say go for the MF pads..her eis a quick pic I just snapped..you can see how much thinner they are compared to my hydrotech pad and the black CCS pad

the black foam is the finishing MF and the red foam is the cutting..
plus they are easier to clean and last ALOT longer then the foam pads. all you would need is a pack of each cutting and finishing and that will last you probably 20buffs with each pad or more

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thinner is better?
and can you link me too the correct pads that i would need?
i guess, a set for compounding, and one for polishing?

what im trying to comprehend here is, how can MF, which is SOOOO soft, do as good of a job, or better than foam, which would seem (too me) too have much more cut?

:D you'll be gettin' a ton of reps for your help brother. :yes :D

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw, that ccs pad looks NASTY. lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Those pads look pretty cool!! Might order me some!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mee too!
im really thinking about it, just waiting for vader to pm me back so i can ask some questions.

i just dont know if they're worth it for a first timer like myself, hahaha.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I love the Megs DA MF system. It is my go to product now. I highly recommend it.

As for wheel wells, I love the Adam's Undercarraige Spray. Looks great and if sprayed on thin you can avoid the runs.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZOMFG HE'S BACK!!!!!!
:D
and the run's you say....:shiftyeyes...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
:lol yeah, I am back. Sorry I have been very busy, and the internet here has been sucking bad. This forum has been loading SLOW, so I have not been on. Anyway, you should see more of me again.

Yes, the runs!!!!! Basically streaking from the product if it is applied to heavy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts