Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys i did a couple different search's and never found anything about life expectations on these engines and tranny's?

Any idea's i know some F150's with the 4.6L in them that have well over 200,000+ miles on them. But i figure there's a hair difference in the setups of these two totally differently geared engines.

So my question is this i just bought an 08 Mustang GT and I drive over or around 25000 miles annually my stang is my DD, it currently has 40,000 miles on it now. What can i expect to get outta this engine with some hard driving mixed with a steady HWY trip 5 days a wk of well over 500 weekly.

Thanks
David

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
I will more than likely roll around 100k next month. car has needed nothing more than regular maintenance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah im hoping to maybe upgrade to a 2011 with the new 5.0 or a shelby gt500 in a couple of years. I do all my own maintance we own a PM oil/tire business so i have the lift and all at my disposal.
But if i can pull off closer to 130,000 ill probobly pay'er off and keep her as a drag toy later down the line and get me my new one then.

Thats good news though thanks for the replies guys!
Keep posting up your higher mileaged Mustangs guys and all your mechanical repairs and such good info for someone looking to get into a mustang older/used like i did.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Im not even close to higher mileage, but I got a buddy who has a 2006 with 148,000, blown and still runs amazing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I travel a great deal for business, and I'm in taxis all the time. I realize that the 4.6 in the Crown Vic is a different ball of wax that the 4.6 in our Mustangs, but when I get into cabs that are Crown Vic's, I always ask how many miles are on them. It's not uncommon to hear 300 - 400K miles. Sure, some of them have had engine work, but I also use a car service in my home town to get to and from the airport and they only use Lincoln Town Cars with the 4.6 motor. Some of those cars have well over 200K on them and none of them have been rebuilt. I think if you maintain the engine, it'll go for a long time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm at 102k on the Stang, and I haven't had to have any major repairs. Replaced the TB once (was my fault), and replaced two alternators. Other than that just regular maintenance. She runs stronger than when I first got her, but that's cause I am modded it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts