Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an older set of Competition Engineering lift bars. They look in good shape, they are boxed, and they have solid bushings. They also make a lot of noise. They do a good job of planting the rear even though my springs don't allow for much transfer but typically about 10-30 feet out or when they decide, they lose it and I'm stuck with wheel hop and the lift bars cycling around as traction comes and goes. I want to get rid of my Eibach springs (they are not drag springs) and get some conventional control arms. The lift bar package required some additional welding to the axles for the mounts. Is that all that is done for them? The original factory holes are still there so regular control arms should still bolt on right?

Another option. Keep the lift bars for now and just try drag springs/shocks first or am I wasting my time trying to get them to work good?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If you have no luck here, try the suspension sections on yellowbullet, hardcore5.0, or SBFTech. Lot more experienced guys on those than here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts