Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a formula or a website that can tell me what the difference in lift on a cam would be between 1.6 rockers and 1.7's?

I have a cam with a lift of .498 with a 1.6 and I need to know what that would be with a 1.7.

·
Registered
417 Posts
not sure about the formula but I found this ay another site......................Considering you're adding those particular heads, you should be able to use the 1.7's. The specs for the B303 with a 1.6 rocker is .480 gross valve lift. The same cam with a 1.72 rocker will then be .516 lift. The stock 1991 pistons have 4 valve eyebrow reliefs and can accomodate approximately .535 lift. You should be ok but check piston to valve clearance before starting the car. While at it, check the length of the pushrod too, make sure you get the proper length to maintain valvetrain geometry.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That works for me.. I just needed an estimate anyway. I am selling my e-303 to someone and they have 1.7's and needed to know the approx. lift.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
take gross lift with 1.6rr, divide lift by 1.6, then multiply that number by 1.7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts