Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put together a list of things for my motor and couldnt figure out a cam choice but i think im going solid roller but need help with choosing a set of lifters. What kinda stuff should i be looking for?Btw if it helps its going to be mostly street driven

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Trying to put together a list of things for my motor and couldnt figure out a cam choice but i think im going solid roller but need help with choosing a set of lifters. What kinda stuff should i be looking for?Btw if it helps its going to be mostly street driven
what do you mean what should you be looking for?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like different companies and stuff make lifters with different qualities u know like link bars and wat they are made of etc

·
Registered
559 Posts
there are only 2 choices really, Isy Redzones or Crower Hi-Po, both have direct oiling to the needle bearings on the roller axle. The biggest problem we always had was trying to get the roller bearings to live as the old lifters without direct oiling relied on splash and there isnt much splash going on at idle in traffic and so forth. Be prepared they will cost you 600-700 last time I bought some.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so which would be more beneficial....going this route and using the solid roller or doing the retro roller and using a hyd roller cam?

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
If the car is going to see the track, i would go solid roller. Dont forget valve springs that go with a solid roller camshaft if you go that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts