Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
there is no definate way u can get a stephloscope and listen but if u dont know exactly what your listening for then it wont help u. have u tried the desil fuel cleaning yet?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
no u have to change it shortly after you put in in within a day or 2 cause it thins your oil out so much and the sludge and debris it clears up will get caught in the filter can clog it so u should change your oil shortly after running the desil..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if u want to save money that would be the cheapest way.... i would rather spend the 20 dollars on an oil change rather than a set of 100+ set of lifters plus time and gaskets and an oil change that u will need anyway if u change the lifters...

u should save for lifters and try the desil fuel and if the desil doesnt work then buy the lifters change them and change the oil then everything will be nice and clean when u go to work on it..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
can a collapsed lifter/broken lifter make a tick? i beat on my pony pretty hard.
yeah it can but they can take a good deal of abuse. try what is easy first. that would suck if u changed them and they still tick cause your not getting oil to them cause your oil ports are clogged...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
how can i confirm a lifter tick with out takin the intake off. i will buy lifters if i have to but i dont wanna spend 130 if thats not what tickin.
if you get new lifters,.it would be smart to get a new cam because those parts wear hand in hand. new lifters wont be worn to the old cam. as well as being a great deal of work.. what i find that works good if you dont have a stethiscope is using a socket exstension and using that as one... holding one side in your hand to your ear, and the other to the problematic area

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you get new lifters,.it would be smart to get a new cam because those parts wear hand in hand. new lifters wont be worn to the old cam. as well as being a great deal of work.. what i find that works good if you dont have a stethiscope is using a socket exstension and using that as one... holding one side in your hand to your ear, and the other to the problematic area
i though flat tappet cam and lifters wear into eachother not rollers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts