Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i order the light bar from CDC, and i don't want the like to turn on when the top is up i know they sell a switch but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for it. is there a way that i can make my own?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
so i order the light bar from CDC, and i don't want the like to turn on when the top is up i know they sell a switch but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for it. is there a way that i can make my own?
It should be pretty easy. Im not exactly sure how the wiring is on a light bar, because I dont have one, but it should be as easy as getting a toggle or momentary switch and splicing it into the wiring and mounting the switch where you want it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
i thought about that but i want to disable the 3rd brake light when the top is down and use the one in the light bar then when the top is off disable the light bar
Oh, I see. Short of installing a switch to control each light, I would have to look at a wiring diagram to figure out the best way to do it. I bet Asianassasination could tell you. Send him a pm

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
hahahahaha asianassassination, love it :lol

It's pretty simple to wire up, go with a DPST switch and it'll do what you want. Splice each pole of the switch to the power wires going to the 3rd brake lights, that will allow you to only have 1 on at a time. Another option would be to use a SPST switch and a common 12V relay.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
hahahahaha asianassassination, love it :lol

It's pretty simple to wire up, go with a DPST switch and it'll do what you want. Splice each pole of the switch to the power wires going to the 3rd brake lights, that will allow you to only have 1 on at a time. Another option would be to use a SPST switch and a common 12V relay.
Haha:tomato

Told you he could help you dude:cool:

I will take my reps now sir...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
do just like asian said. If you dont know DPST= duel pole single throw. I have one right now for my 3rd brake like. For night racing, the only lights i have on is my 3rd brake light. flip it one way and the 3rd brake light turns on with my switch in the cabin, flip it the other way and its a normal brake light again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts