Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to swap out my dad 2001 mustang gt and put in a lightning motor but my question is do lightnings come with a forged bottom end? and which motor should i get? its a birthday gift lol :yes

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Ask sharkbait. He did it already. Check out his thread:
Sharkbait's Lightning Swap!

You also have other options.
You can build a 5.4L Navigator motor for NA a la the 2000 Cobra R,
Go with an NA 4.6 DOHC, or a 3v swap, or even swap in the mighty forged terminator engine. Your possibilities are endless. You might want to start searching and see what suits your tastes.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
lol we just for a roush f150 in the yard here

3v 5.4l with a roush charger on it 445hp

come buy that lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i wanted to build it but a 5.4 that is sticking out of the hood looks scary lol ile probly just go with a giant blower i think its enough for somebody that goes the speed limit lol

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
lol i wanted to build it but a 5.4 that is sticking out of the hood looks scary lol ile probly just go with a giant blower i think its enough for somebody that goes the speed limit lol
Oh come on, a 9" cowl hood isn't that bad :lol

But seriously, you've got some research to do if you're thinking about a motor swap. I can't even begin to touch on all the aspects. Read, read, and read some more.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Sharkbaits is not a lightning bottom end, it just has the lightning blower set up on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol with that 9in cowl hood i can cover up the whole car with it lmao anyways i blew one of his rods so ima just build him another good thing im going to school so ile just take a 5.4 lightning motor to school and build it there;but yea a 9in cowl hood wouldnt look all that bad lmao!

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Sharkbaits is not a lightning bottom end, it just has the lightning blower set up on it.
I thought he scored a complete Lightning motor. So what's the bottom end? Just a Triton? That would make me incredibly nervous. Everyone mocks the M112 as such a wimpy blower, but it's more than enough to pop a stock motor.

And wasn't the reason he got this one because he blew the last one? If he blows this one I think he'll earn the nickname "Sharkbait the engine destroyer." :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hes running a sock block? no on my dad im going with forged i just like how it looks on a street mustang

1 - 10 of 10 Posts