Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm trying to decide on a few mods to do this coming summer. I'm splitting my cash to buy a computer (for stang videos, YAY!) and for mods. I NEED YOUR HELP!

I really don't know what would be the best thing for me to do at this point.
I have the C&L racer intake, Steeda UDs, Pypes O/R h-pipe and Violater Axlebacks, 4.10s, LCAs and a Hurst Short throw. I made a 13.1 best (w/o the LCAs) with a 60' of 1.9 on STREET TIRES and some cheap ass rims (came with the car, weigh 30-45 lbs a piece easily). My question is this.

Considering what I have...and the limited money, what will improve my ET the most?

(I can get 2 of the 5 things)

Comp Stage 3 cams (brenspeed)
LT Headers (still haven't decided, probablly kooks or ARH)
BMR rear drag kit stage 1 (would re-sell the LCAs from it)
Aluminum Driveshaft.
Drag wheels/slicks

I want the headers and cams but my issue is traction. I don't get it with the power I have NOW. So adding more wouldn't really help. I'd have to launch softer and slam it from there...prolly ending in a 12.6+ (maybe 12.5 *crosses fingers*) I want the cams and headers OBVIOUSLY because cams and headers are SICK!!!! :cool: <---and cool.

The drag kit SHOULD hook up my power (disregarding the wheels/tires etc). And probablly more as well.
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/05Mustang/DRP001.jpg

We all know about drag wheels/slicks for the S197 stang. Next to impossible to find. Should I swallow my cheap-pride and buy the $450 a piece for the backs from bogart and get matching jegs for the front with tires? (I'd so rock that on the street.):cool:

The aluminum driveshaft has amazing effects on our cars, hands down! So it's really a throw up.

I do the majority of driving on the local streets so ETs are really just bragging rights to lame highschool kids who drive rice(love fryin some rice!). But it really doesn't matter when i'm 6+ lengths ahead (shifty eyes) :D

Help me out guys!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
really the biggest ? is how much. how much do you have? with the mods in my sig i ran a 13.5 on my bfg kdw's and a 12.8 on some stock v6 rims with some ET Streets on them. the rims i got for free and the tires were $425 mounted. you are already past what i was at with street tires so you should be mid 12's with the tires alone. if you still have some cash left get shafted. don't forget cams will be a good bit to install also and although they would be bad ass many people are seeing mid to low 10's on the stock heads and cams.

so what i say.
get your suspension and install yourself
get some cheapy stock 16" v6 wheels with mickey thompson et streets or drags on them
and if some cash is left get shafted

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really the biggest ? is how much. how much do you have? with the mods in my sig i ran a 13.5 on my bfg kdw's and a 12.8 on some stock v6 rims with some ET Streets on them. the rims i got for free and the tires were $425 mounted. you are already past what i was at with street tires so you should be mid 12's with the tires alone. if you still have some cash left get shafted. don't forget cams will be a good bit to install also and although they would be bad ass many people are seeing mid to low 10's on the stock heads and cams.

so what i say.
get your suspension and install yourself
get some cheapy stock 16" v6 wheels with mickey thompson et streets or drags on them
and if some cash is left get shafted

Found some oem 16" wheels for $250. What size SLICKS should I get? Lthalperformance sells MT ETs ony for 15"

·
10,234 Posts
mine are 26x10.5 i got them from discount tire. on their website you can't find them. you would have to go to a store and have them call MT directly and order them. i think $250 sounds kinda steep. i might be interested in selling mine though as i'll be gone for 15 months and will have no use for them. i might be making one maybe 2 more trips to the track on them before i leave for the desert

·
Registered
251 Posts
or you could just get some 20's and a ducktail spoiler and just look fast... lol, J/K.

Juco I want in the 20" club......please:tomato

·
10,234 Posts
I was seriously considering doing the heads and cams, but after looking at the purchasing and installation i figured the money would be better spent on the bottom getting forged to go along with the KB that will be on top when i get back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about some JBA's? I heard they were pretty good as well and they offer an h-pipe. AND thyre $500 at Sutton HP. So... i can do headers, pipe, cams, and maybe some other goodies. what do you guys think? I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE THAT NO SLICKS WILL FIT OTHER THAN BOGART! out of ALL the vendors...has anyone tried jegs wheels?

·
10,234 Posts
bogart isn't a slick it's a wheel. i think that's what you meant though. i couldn't afford that much money at the time that's why i just went with the stockers. they stick like glue with the power i'm putting down. i can drop the hammer from 5 grand and i just tear out of the box like a mad man. where else can you get 7 or more tenths for around 400 bucks

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
gregweld.com has a 15" that will fit for a whole lot less than a bogart but they won't be out for another month or so

·
10,234 Posts
that's a good site w/ good prices. i like the stars. might have to add some bigs and littles to the list for when i get back. there goes another 2500 probably.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts