Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides that the lincolns have b heads what are the difference between the 2?
i heard that i should switch cams from the cobra the the licoln heads.. why?

does the cobra manifold flow more?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
exhaust cams are the same i believe, intake cam is different, the intake itself is also dif from the cobra.

Cobra has the better crank too

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Couple of questions.

Does the intake from a 96-98 cobra (c head) fit on the mark viii heads (b head)

Do all b and c head cams swap to eachother i.e. will the intake cams from a cobra swap right in to a mark viii head?

Are the 96-98 cobra cranks forged? What about 99/01 cranks? I know the termi crank is forged and I'm pretty sure it swaps right in.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
96-98 cobra b-head as well. b and c heads have differences, intakes are one of them. they can not interchange to each other. all 96+ cobra cranks are forged. the 96-98 cobra cams are different, and are more agressive, even more so than the 99+.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
good info there sweet...

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
96-98 cobra b-head as well. b and c heads have differences, intakes are one of them. they can not interchange to each other. all 96+ cobra cranks are forged. the 96-98 cobra cams are different, and are more agressive, even more so than the 99+.
Oh, i thought 96-98 were c head. That makes things a little simpler. Thanks sweet.

I have another thread about this, but I'll ask on here...

I have a complete 94 Mark VIII. Would I be better off getting 96-98 cobra cams or gettting aftermarket? I've heard the exhaust cams from cobra to mark viii are the same, so I'd only have to get the intake cams from the cobra if that's true... Aftermarket cams have to be pretty expensive since you have to get four of them...

Should I switch to a cobra intake or get an aftermarket one? Is there going to be huge power gains from an aftermarket intake that would make the higher price worth it?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
depends on money. if on budget, go with the 96-98 cobra cams. dont know of any aftermarket intakes for the b-heads. just get teh stock intake ported, and be done with it imo.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Well def. a budget build. I'm pretty sure I'll just swap in the cobra cams. Anyone know if it's true that the exhaust cams are the same between the two. That'd be great so I only have to buy two cams :)

I think the shop I'm going to will give me a deal if I get both the heads and the intake ported and polished there, so that might be the way to go as well...

Sounds like I need to find a wrecked 96-98 cobra :yes

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Does anyone know the specs for the intake and exhaust cams for the sn95 cobras? I've been looking for a while now and can't find much. This guy measured his and this is what he came up with...

Drivers side:
Exhaust
open @ .050 157.5 deg. atdc
closed @ .050 8.25 deg. btdc
duration 194.25
Center 105.875 deg. btdc

Intake
open @ .050 17.75 deg. atdc
closed @ .050 138.25 deg. btdc
duration 204 deg.
Center 119.75 deg. atdc

Passengers side:
Exhaust
open @ .050 154 deg. atdc
closed @ .050 11.5 deg. btdc
duration 194.5
Center 108.75 deg. btdc

Intake
open @ .050 18 deg. atdc
closed @ .050 136 deg. btdc
duration 206 deg.
Center 121.0 deg. atdc

Anyone know if that's correct or close?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
This is what 95SC said about cobra cams vs mark viii heads/cams

Castings are the same as 96-98 Cobras,there is a little difference in valve-train.93-95 have weak valve springs, intake cams have 4 degrees less duration then Cobra ones,exhaust cams are the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts