Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright now I was wondering if you guys could help me decide if getting the motor out of a Lincoln Mark VIII would be worth the trouble. Also, I would like to know what the internals can hold as far as hp or if I should just go with a stroker kit for it. Are the heads as good as the 03-04 Cobras or should I get aftermarket heads too???? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
295 Posts
the heads are not quite as good as the cobras if you can get the wiring and all the accessories it is not a bad idea but i would still recommend forging the internals before you put it in your car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the heads are practically the same, different cam profiles, but the main difference is the intake. and I think those also used IMRC plates, remove those and get a new intake and youll be outflowing cobra heads... B heads actually flow better than C heads with imrc delete and porting, little harder to tune though

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was told that if you perform this swap you'll need to lengthen a couple of wires and get a cobra intake and some other stuff, what accessories are you planning to buy? well if you follow through let me know how it goes im considering the same thing, feel free to PM me

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
actually the c heads will out flow the b heads, but not by much. the b heads flow very very well. the b heads flow too much for low rpm driving, that is why they use imrc's. there are no aftermarket head castings for any 4.6, all heads are ford castings. depending on how the car is set up will depend on how much power it will hold. i have seen people put dowm a lot of power on a stock b head engine. i have heard of people doing the swap, but also have heard it cant be done.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I am pretty sure you have to have a special adapter plate for the tranny because the front wheel drive tranny bolt pattern is different than the rear wheel drive, and I heard the Mark VIII block doesn't even have the RWD bolt pattern on it.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I am pretty sure you have to have a special adapter plate for the tranny because the front wheel drive tranny bolt pattern is different than the rear wheel drive, and I heard the Mark VIII block doesn't even have the RWD bolt pattern on it.
thats insane, considering some Mark VIIIs, if not all are RWD...

but you can not use a FWD teksid block in a mustang, jsut flat out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts