Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the line from the hydroboost to my power steering pump moves. It swivels up and down and moves in and out. Is this normal? I'm guessing that clamp is there because the line is supposed to move and Ford didn't want it to get into the belt? I mean it moves pretty freely but there's no leaks.

Also I have an ac Delco reman rack. This fitting that came with the rack leaks ever so slightly. Should I remove, Teflon, reinstall then burp the air? In the past on fittings like this I've used hydraulic fluid line thread sealer. Should I do the same here? It's a hard line that runs from the area where the steering shaft connects to the rack to a lower part of the rack.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
If your taking about the brass fitting that goes into the pump then yes . It is a pressed in fitting and can be turned in any direction. The movement was very useful when I did my CG hotside to get the line away from the header

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
The line was designed to have some movement, the little white seal is what seals things up on the Power steering side even when the line swivels..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts