Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have links to help me start looking over the installation process for the spr cams? or any cams for that matter for these cars? Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet thanks....anyone have a write up for the SPR II's? What I mean in swapping out the springs and installing the phaser limiter kit...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Hey mickey if you search through the Ford Manual I posted I'm sure you can find how to remove the valve springs. Just click on the links on top and they'll send you to other portions of the Ford manual

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so what it looks like is that to remove the spring, you have to have the piston at TDC where both the exhaust valve and intake valves are closed. It says that if the cylinder loses any air pressure, the valve can drop into the cylinder.

So my question is.....how do you make sure there is no loss in air pressure in the cylinder in which you are working on removing the spring?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Been trying to figure that one out myself bro. That's one of the main reasons I haven't made the purchase yet . . . want to make sure that I can actually pull it off myself.

I've searched around a little over the past few days. There are a lot of write-up's on the NSR . . . not much on the SPR's that I can find the "total" install will the springs and phaser limiters.

I'll let you know if I find something.

·
Registered
333 Posts
THis is easy....once you have a fitting made up to screw into the spark plug hole, you put the compressed air to it. Your compressor will maintain constant pressure to the cylinder. (Compression tool hose with fitting works great). Once you change the springs, pop off and move to next cylinder.

Note: Make sure you lock it in gear (manual) with parking brake because the air pressure will make it jump a little from cylinder to cylinder. This is normal.

Also note if you hear a constanting hissing sound, this is a valve that didnt close all the way...make sure you tap top of valve stem ligtly so it seals up, which is noted by the hissing sound going away.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You know this should be a sticky....because it contains great link to the most popular questions about cam installs.:2cents

1 - 20 of 65 Posts