Registered
158 Posts
If the liquid spreads on the ground its gas
if the liquid forms into a bubble its water

·
Registered
977 Posts
Touch and sniff.

If it's water and not green in color I wouldn't worry about it. If it smells like gas then worry - though if it's gas I don't think I would last too long on a hot X-pipe.

Hot outside down in VA? Running your A/C?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hot 82 degrees kind of humid, no ac, smelled it, it didn't smell strong like gas, but had a slight gas odor? But after it kind of dried up, I couldn't smell it? And in the pic you can see it bubbling on the bottom of the pipe before dropping down

?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Once it it ground it bubbles = water
^^^^^^^^^^ it spreads = not water

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It looks like dripping from the AC to me. Are you sure you weren't running the AC or defrost at all?

Once it it ground it bubbles = water
^^^^^^^^^^ it spreads = not water
That's not very true. It really depends on the surface material and if it already has some moisture or oil on it. You might as well be guessing at that point.

You could always try seeing if it's flammable or separates in a cup of water.

·
Registered
158 Posts
^^ that'll work as well.
At the refinery that's how we tell water from light colored oils. Spash test. Smell test.
If your feeling real ballsy you could taste it

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I definitely didn't run the ac, and was the thinking about testing it separating in a cup but the last two times I've checked it hasn't done it :dunno

I should've just tasted it lol, but I'd bet I'd get no real conclusion like the smell test

1 - 10 of 10 Posts