Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like how that looks, is there a way a body shop can get rid of it, I think it would look so much cleaner..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Most defiantly.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
on the front?

uhh they can it will be a whole lot of money, it would be cheaper to buy a new bumper from a body kit without the indention

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I mean im sure you can get one pretty close to stock looking, youd just have to look around

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Best bet is to get another bumper cover without the holes. It can be filled in, but you may see the indent come back after time if not done correctly. Just make sure it's a good shop that preps correctly if you do that.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Because in most states its illegal to not have one there maybe...?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
281 Posts
bingo

and if its not illegal, he could put a vanity type plate on there...be a lot cheaper and still look good.
if he wants to fill it in, i am going to assume that he doesnt need a front plate.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
I don't like that way they look with a front plate. It's takes away from the whole car.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Because in most states its illegal to not have one there maybe...?:rolleyes:
its illegal here, i have had 3 cars, my celica pulled it off, got a 10 fix it ticket once and took it back off after having it signed off as fixed, got pulled over a few years later, gave some bs excuse and he let me off. my mustang, pulled over 1 time (ever) and for no front plate, told him i bought the car that way (after owning it over a year) and he said go to the dmv and they'll take care of it, no ticket, didnt look at my license or anything. my bmw, has a cover over where the plate bracket would go so it appears theres no place for it, cops see that here and dont bother you since theres no place to put it. my point is it being illegal means nothing, its only when the cops being a dick that they'll do anything.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Luckily in Phoenix we don't have to have them :D

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
its illegal here, i have had 3 cars, my celica pulled it off, got a 10 fix it ticket once and took it back off after having it signed off as fixed, got pulled over a few years later, gave some bs excuse and he let me off. my mustang, pulled over 1 time (ever) and for no front plate, told him i bought the car that way (after owning it over a year) and he said go to the dmv and they'll take care of it, no ticket, didnt look at my license or anything. my bmw, has a cover over where the plate bracket would go so it appears theres no place for it, cops see that here and dont bother you since theres no place to put it. my point is it being illegal means nothing, its only when the cops being a dick that they'll do anything.
Yeah the cop is being a dick when you are breaking the law even if it something that most would consider "minor" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
When i bought my cobra r front bumper it didn't have a place for a plate and i got pulled over by a state cop and he bout gave me a ticket even though i had only had it on like a week. I was pretty mad when i had to put it on there it looked so much better without lol

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
You could bondo the **** out of it.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
I'd rather go with fiberglass

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
That would look better. Just get a cobra r bumper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts