Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always nice to learn about new DIYs... I try to search online for every little DIY or free mods or simple to semi-complex custom stuff... So I thought why not ask you guys?! Mind sharing with us what have you done with your v6? List all of your DIY stuff that you can remember! Maybe we can all benefit from this! :D

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
well...even though i've already seen this kinda thread i guess another one won't hurt. :)

-cut springs
-rear wing delete
-black out panel
-lower valence
-painted caliper
-tinted tails
-tinted headlights
-painted upper intake
-painted interior
-painted 3rd brake light
-grill delete
-floating pony
-fog wiring harness
-a/t shift knob & boot
-LEDs in gauges
-lemans stripes
-scoop vinyl
-MUSTANG inserts
-cobra style mirrors painted from '95 mirrors
-throttle cable mod
-foot well lights (thank god i got out of that phase)
-cut antenna
-etc. etc.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
-Painted blackout panel
-Painted grille pony/corral (stock grille)
-Gas pedal mod
-Tinted tail lights/side markers
-Paint interior pieces
-Footwell lights
-Paint fender emblems
-Paint Ford trunk oval
-Paint calipers

I can't really think of anything else. But a little painting can go a long ways :dunno

·
Registered
461 Posts
$2 throttle cable spacer/ accelerator pedal adjustment.
Sequential Tail lights (used X-mass light sequencers. :) )
I custom made the bracket the seats mount too giving me an additional 2 inches head clearance as well as some more leg room.
Home made rear seat delete + sound system.

I'm interested in what others have done.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
well...even though i've already seen this kinda thread i guess another one won't hurt. :)
If we can get one really awesome list built, I'll add it to the "Useful V6 Links" sticky. Even though nobody ever looks at it :sorry But at least we can point newbies to that instead of typing the same stuff again and again :dunno

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
If we can get one really awesome list built, I'll add it to the "Useful V6 Links" sticky. Even though nobody ever looks at it :sorry But at least we can point newbies to that instead of typing the same stuff again and again :dunno
if it works it works

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
speaking of shorty antennas....will it hurt reception if i just cut it?
It could. When people install shorty antennas you'll see some complain about about losing reception and some have the same reception as before. What it comes down to is how close you are to the station broadcasting towers, how powerful the signal is from the tower, what sort of object are between you and the tower, and if the radio station has other towers set up to receive the broadcasts and send them further out. If you're a long ways away, you need the longer antenna to pick up the station. But if you're like me and can almost see your favorite stations tower from where you live, you shouldn't really have any problems. You can use Google to find out where the stations are located. Generally the towers are very close to the buildings.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I've Did everything myself but painted my car....

much more simple than writing it all out.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts