Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Getting ready to pull the motor to replace the rotating assembly. However, before I do this I want to make sure I have some quality step-by-step books on the shop bench just in case. What books to you all recommend in regard to detail and clarity on enging removal/tear down? (2009 4.6L 3V)

Thanks,

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Dude. Honestly, either open the Haynes manual and risk messing it up. Or take it to a pro. I'm not the most qualified person here to give the best advice, I wouldn't touch it personally.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
rebuilding shortblocks isn't something you wanna try without having someone with experience to help you

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have rebuilt motors before. I just haven't done a 281; I was just asking which book out there essentially had all the info I was going to need during the process or to answer any odd questions that came up throughout the process. The reason I had said step by step; is really just for the engine removal portion. Typically, people writing the books can have some solid tips/advice on making things a bit easier based on the specific car being worked on. I was asking more from a certified ford maint/service book. Sorry I wasn't as specific in my first post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts