·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either way just browse eBay or check salvage yards, they aren't too hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brakes are on! I replaced the pads with some ceramics, there's a BIG difference in stopping power. You can do this upgrade for $100 so I definitely recommend to anyone on a budget wanting better brakes.

Pics coming tomorrow!

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Brakes are on! I replaced the pads with some ceramics, there's a BIG difference in brake feel. You can do this upgrade for $100 so I definitely recommend to anyone on a budget wanting better brakes.

Pics coming tomorrow!
Fixed... your tires determine your stopping "power" (if you are referring to stopping distance). Unless you also changed tires you aren't stopping any faster. What you have done is added more thermal mass to the system which helps with repeated braking from speed and helps combat brake fade. Not enough to really do anything beyond DD with them but some yes. You also increased brake torque which is that extra grab you are feeling. You can add as much brake torque as you want up until ABS engagement, but at that point you are tire limited in your stopping distance. The stock 12.4" rotors and brake pads have ZERO trouble engaging ABS with some super sticky 200 treadwear Dunlop Direzza Z1 Sport Star Specs in 245/45/18 while autocrossing so I KNOW you aren't decreasing your stopping distance any.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I said "stopping power" , I was referring to how quickly the car stopped in relation to how hard I pushed the pedal. You're right in that tires do stop a car, but my testing didn't push it hard enough to engage ABS. It has a much better "seat of the pants" feel now :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts