Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are going to put a KenneBell supercharger on your 3 valve... Go with the intercooler at the get go! Installed Stage 1 on an 06 Gt for a customer without the intercooler.... 305HP at the wheels. Has an Automatic and Exhaust thats it but come on! $4500 and 40 hp? Thats with their tune! And their tunes are dead on. That I will give them. Customer was happy but I was alittle disappointed! Hate to have the guy go up against an NA Camaro:(
Damn I hate those things!!! Glad my Stang will run circles around em!!!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
What kind of dyno?

What psi?

That's not right even if he was running just 4 or 5 psi.... maybe 4 psi and it's a Mustang dyno. I'm making 282 just with a basic tune and intake. Many guys make 290+ with just that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would think it should be pushing at least high 300's to the wheels?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Glenns bordered 400 on the standard pulley kenne sends non-intercooled. Sounds like the tunes off, dyno's off, or someones very lost..

Seeing better numbers than that on 100 degree days with lots of timing pull.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Something is wrong there... General rule of thumb is 10whp per psi. He should be in the high 300s/low 400s on a 10psi pulley.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I agree, something is askew.

A little Roushcharger / Eaton M90 lays down 370 or so with stock pulley at 5 PSI...and it is a tiny little blower compared to a KB twin screw - even if the KB is non-intercooled.

Have you called KB to ask them for target HP numbers on that setup?

What's the rest of the story...Dynojet dyno? Mustang Dyno? Heat soaked or cooled before final "numbers" run? SAE numbers, correct? A/F ratio?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Don't always trust the KB tunes. Sometimes they are great, and sometimes they are junk. Its tricky to provide canned tunes that work perfect on all cars. Thats why there are custom tuners. Post up a datalog of the pull and i'll go over it. Maybe the bypass was open!!

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
hey someone else used the dyno Ken did LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
That is wrong, i made around 369 to 379rwhp w/my non intercooled kit 2.6l that i ran for over a year w/all sorts of issues.So that guys kit definately has an issue.I think the bypass valve can affect power levels if its stuck open correct me if i am wrong.Hope you also changed his plugs to heat range cooler and made sure the maf is wired up right.Hope you retorqued those manifold bolts at least 5 times to ensure proper seating because this kit can be a pain,great kit but a lot of little details were left out,some would say differently.Not second guessing your abilities but i have dealt with this kit first hand and know that kb does command a fuel mixture of 11.1 but my problem was maf curve if i said that right so the car was leaning out while it should of been right on spot.Lots of little varialbles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts