Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you know I have a live axle in the car. There is a HPDE coming up soon that I figured I would try for shits and giggles. I ripped the drag springs out and I threw the stock Cobra springs in the front and only have the GT springs in the rear.
When taking a hard turn I can feel the rear of the car roll more than the front. Which it should because the GT springs suck. Do any of you know of a comparable spring to match the fronts without going out and buying a lowering kit. If I get hooked to this road race thing then I'll start dumping some money into it.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mach1's.

also, do you have a anti-roll bar?
No I was holding off on buying one until I decide what I am going to do with the car. I have some friends that road race and some that dragrace and unfortunately I'm stuck in the middle not knowing which way I want to go with it. I enjoy both but its impossible to have a competitive car that does both. :confused:

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you can set up for both pretty good.

get a set of mach 1 springs, and MM adjustable LCA's, and a UPR anti roll bar. then for the front get a UPR tubular K member kit with some 12" 250LBS springs.

it will be good for both

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

get a set of mach 1 springs, and MM adjustable LCA's, and a UPR anti roll bar. then for the front get a UPR tubular K member kit with some 12" 250LBS springs.

it will be good for both
The ARB has to taken off for turning..... I like to go to the extreme when a car gets setup. If I end up making it turn its getting a 5 link and the whole works in it. If it goes straightline I'm going to be visiting Baseline suspensions. All I have to do is figure out which way I want to go. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

it will be good for both

like he said you can set the car up for both. mine is that way right now the only thing that is holding me back is my rear tires since they are DR's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts