Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got into Georgia yesterday. work sent me on the road for a job down here. i actually flew into Jacksonville, FL and then drove into Kingsland. only about a 40 minute drive. speed limit's 70 down here, as opposed to the paltry 55 we have in Hampton Roads. everybody's got a lead foot, it's great. beautiful weather so far. but it sucks cause i'm not at home. last night was the worst night of sleep i've had in a long time. i'll be a guest at the Hampton Inn here till the job's done. room's decent. i have a microwave and mini fridge that look older than me. ran to Walmart yesterday to get food and stuff. basically, i'm living on food that can be microwaved and stuff that i don't have to refrigerate. lots of Hot Pockets and Ramen Noodles. the room has complimentary wireless, so i can still post whore here on the company laptop, lol. i'm actually only working half days right now, but getting paid for full days, so that's pretty cool. i've seen a couple of nice Mustangs so far, including a Termie on the base. but it's mostly imports :rolleyes:. i'm just trying to make the most of the situation. the money i make here on the road will help bay the bill on the Mustang when i get back and maybe some other toys...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
I worked in a prison once (on the road) away from my family and it sucked alot worse prob there was NOTHING to do...

Least your near Kings island, workin in a prison kinda scary to

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i brought lots of movies to keep myself entertained. i spend a lot of time on the phone woth the wife, so it doesn't seem like we're apart. i slept like **** last night too. strange bed, no wife next to me, and the compressor on the mini fridge kept clicking on and of all night long...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
yeah the beds in most hotels SUCK I took a really nice, blow up matress a 1--$ one and it was better then the beds...

·
Registered
240 Posts
well, i brought lots of movies to keep myself entertained. i spend a lot of time on the phone woth the wife, so it doesn't seem like we're apart. i slept like **** last night too. strange bed, no wife next to me, and the compressor on the mini fridge kept clicking on and of all night long...
damn that sucks...to a certain degree of course. you have any idea when you think you would be done? (yeah i know im back from the dead again lol :D)

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn that sucks...to a certain degree of course. you have any idea when you think you would be done? (yeah i know im back from the dead again lol :D)
the tentative date is june 1st, but that's a projected date. they try and make those dates beyond the reasonable expected finish date. by all accounts, this job takes about 8 or 9 weeks, so we'll see what happens...
so what have you been up to, bro?

·
Registered
240 Posts
jack **** really...working at a Ford parts department now :D(discounts FTW lol). But in all seriousness, just moved into MD, so im getting used to all the commute times and crap. Hoping to save money and start traveling down to VA beach more often then i did last year.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOLY HELL, it's leadfoot.

i lived in a Marriott in Detroit for a month before they got me my apartment. it sucked. it's like living in your bedroom. lol
the company usually puts us up in suites or corporate apartments when we're on the road, but because we've got a few other jobs in this area right now, they're full. so we got stuck here. it's pretty decent, i guess...

jack **** really...working at a Ford parts department now :D(discounts FTW lol). But in all seriousness, just moved into MD, so im getting used to all the commute times and crap. Hoping to save money and start traveling down to VA beach more often then i did last year.
sounds good, bro, especially the discounts on stuff. look forward to drinking a few cold ones with you guys this summer...

·
Registered
240 Posts
a few of us are going to MIR on the 29th if you haven't heard that yet. then we are going to richmond on 4/11.
yeah i'll be going to the MIR event...should be off that saturday....af far as the April 11th event, i may be a no show since i work that day. I may just spectate on MIR...my clutch and transmission are on the verge of death and Drag racing would be asking the money fairy to come and make my $$$ disappear :D

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
yeah i'll be going to the MIR event...should be off that saturday....af far as the April 11th event, i may be a no show since i work that day. I may just spectate on MIR...my clutch and transmission are on the verge of death and Drag racing would be asking the money fairy to come and make my $$$ disappear :D

can't wait. my new clutch goes in next weekend. now if i could just figure out which RP fluid to put in the tranny.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
Longest I was away TAD was for a school down in Pensacola for about two months, but it was nice because of the weather and the area, plus the Navy paid for a hotel room, rental car, and $48 a day for food. Spent it all at the bar lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts