Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 mustang gt and when i bought it it had lm1 with an off road h pipe. with the off road h it sounded good but it was just to ridiciously loud and the car was running like sh**. now im running the stock midpipe and its just to quite. i was thinking going with the slp catted x does anyone have this how loud is it compared to the off road midpipe. and is it going to change how the car runs at all.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i dont think it will "change" the way the car runs, so to speak. when you go from catted to o/r or vice versa, it does make your car run "diff" but not like ****......or at least not my cases. someone else might have something else to say. if your willing to spend the money to get the catted ones, then go for it by all means, BUT you can get an o/r one that will do just as good with a tune on it. if its the sound that your hurtin on...then you need to get new mufflers. i have the lm1's and they are nasty loud....thinkin about changin them myself. but just "simply" changin out the midpipe wont be the deciding factor on if your car is running like total **** or not. you might have other stuff going on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured a tune would make it run better. the car was running really rich with no cats and it was just to loud i got a $300 exhaust ticket, and i knew it was time to take that off. i just want to here myself drive the catback is just to quite. the check engine light dosnt come on with a catted x right.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
ProChamber

/Thread

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say catted or o/r X-pipe

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
but mine is manual auto.... manual valve bodies FTW.... with transbrake... 4600 stall... I can drive a stick car down the track just as well as an automatic, but I will tell ya, its not nice having to worry about a clutch...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
but mine is manual auto.... manual valve bodies FTW.... with transbrake... 4600 stall... I can drive a stick car down the track just as well as an automatic, but I will tell ya, its not nice having to worry about a clutch...
yeah sick setup! clutch is mistakes made.

I have drove a stick..not the best but its ok. wouldn't want one in my car. :tomato

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
My truck is a stick, and I love it... but the race car.... the clutch started slipping and I went to a new setup... so thats why I got a nicely built C4 in the car

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
nice man.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
If you still have the off-road h pipe i would just buy cats and weld them into the h-pipe. You'll save some money that way. Catted h-pipes sound nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didnt even think of welding in cats. but i sold the h pipe to pay for the ticket, ha wish i had posted this before

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
+ 1 on the prochamber and the mid pipe shouldnt affect driving only the headers, since thats where the o2 sensors are... and +1 on the tune

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the o2's are on the midpipe sir.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ha its ok man

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey scott your car looks bad but i think you should lower it a lil trash the spoiler and black tails and youd have one of the sicker cars on here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts