Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at LMR and they've got the SVE Tubular LCA/UCA's on sale for $124.

I've never heard anything about these. Are they good/worth the price? Anyone with any idea/experience let me know your thoughts, please.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll search for it and see if I can find any answers there. Don't wanna jump on the sale if they suck lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Save your $$$. You should be looking for something with spherical bushings on one end. Maximum Motorsports, J&M, etc fit the bill. American Muscle has J&Ms on sale right now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I passed on it... Didn't realize they had crap bushings til I re-read the description. Appreciate ya'lls input.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yeah I passed on it... Didn't realize they had crap bushings til I re-read the description. Appreciate ya'lls input.
energy suspension urethane bushings are definitely not crap bushings by any standards. spherical bushings will be stronger and take more abuse but are less street friendly, however, there is nothing wrong with a urethane bushing. urethane is an upgrade from the factory rubber and which bushing you choose should depend on what your goals are for the car.

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
525 Posts
energy suspension urethane bushings are definitely not crap bushings by any standards. spherical bushings will be stronger and take more abuse but are less street friendly, however, there is nothing wrong with a urethane bushing. urethane is an upgrade from the factory rubber and which bushing you choose should depend on what your goals are for the car.
sounds like good info.
i always hear different opinions and options, but was never to sure on what the applications were.

i was looking for lca's, and im a street driver.

do better lca's create more interior road noise and ?? h,v,n .
thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything i've read says that non-spherical bushings end up putting too much stress on the torque box causing it to fail. Hence the term "crap". I wasn't intending to put the product and/or design down. No offence intended. Let me rephrase. I didn't realize the bushings were not ideal for my situation, so I passed on the deal.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
spherical bushings will transfer more road noise, even urethane will transfer some road noise and both will make for a firmer ride. the reason ford puts rubber bushings in the car in the first place is to make it more street friendly (more comfortable ride) for the average person. rubber will flex alot and will wear out so rubber is not ideal for a track car and regardless of which bushing you choose i would always advise installing a torque box reinforcement kit. if you take the car to the track that should be one of the first mods you do in my opinion. full length subs, torque box reinforcements and lower control arms are always the first mods i did when i got a new car. before i got my cobra i always ran urethane bushings with aftermarket control arms and never had a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts