Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I deleted my EGR a while back to un-clutter my engine bay. I have had the dreaded check engine light since, along with codes P1000, P1401 and P1409. I just bought an SCT SF3/X3 tuner from American Muscle. We told them our mods and specifically instructed them that the car has to pass emissions and that we have an EGR delete, so that needed to be turned off in the tune. So, last night, we installed the tune and idled the car for about 20 minutes. Check engine light was gone. It was then raining, so we didn't take the car out. Tonight, we came home, started the car and when I moved it, the check engine light came on. We took it for a ride and it drove fine. We came home and pulled the codes - same 3 codes are coming up. We called American Muscle before we installed the tune just to be sure there was nothing that we had to do before loading the tune (like resetting the ECM). We were told that there was nothing that we needed to do - we were told that loading the tune would clear the codes and reset the ECM. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? In loading the tune, we saw an option to "adjust options" or "skip options" - was there something in there that we should have done?

Thanks for any help.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They would have to turn that off in the tune but can you pass emissions with an egr delete?
They were supposed to have turned it off in the tune. I need to know if there is something I'm supposed to do...like disconnect the battery or select something in the option portion of the tuner. As far as passing emissions with it, I assume you mean the visual part? I have passed for 4 years with no catalytic converters...I'm pretty sure my guy doesn't pay very good attention :lol. Worst case, we have about 6 egr's off of different cars in the attic...something can "rest" in the engine bay to look functional :lmao

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
you shouldnt need to do anything for it to work. i too have an EGR delete tune. all i did was plug in my XCal and upload it. the options menu on the XCal doesnt give you a choice for the EGR (among other things like rear O2 sensors and the PATS system) that 'adjust options' has stuff like fan temp, SOME timing (very limited) speed limiter, axle ratio, rev limit and stuff like that. the EGR is something the tuner has to do for you. not sure why it didnt work ?? maybe they werent listening when you said EGR delete in the tune ?? or maybe forgot :dunno

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yeah i didnt think sct had a egr option but i could be wrong. id def call bama back and get an adjustment

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You would think that when you order a tuner and type all of your mods in and even clarify things in the comments section, someone would actually read it. Makes me wonder if they even accounted for all of my mods. Of course, this **** happens to me on a Friday night :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
it almost sounds like you loaded the "canned" tune (ie.strategy tune) instead of the AM custom tune. watch the video on SCT at the bottom of this page & double check which tune you loaded in the car.
Mustang Sound Files & Videos by Brenspeed

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it almost sounds like you loaded the "canned" tune (ie.strategy tune) instead of the AM custom tune. watch the video on SCT at the bottom of this page & double check which tune you loaded in the car.
Mustang Sound Files & Videos by Brenspeed
Just watched the video...and that's EXACTLY how we did it. It showed that the upload was complete.

So I guess the bet is that Bama didn't include the EGR delete in my tune? So frustrating....now I have to wait until Monday to call them. Guess no emission testing for me tomorrow :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Just watched the video...and that's EXACTLY how we did it. It showed that the upload was complete.

So I guess the bet is that Bama didn't include the EGR delete in my tune? So frustrating....now I have to wait until Monday to call them. Guess no emission testing for me tomorrow :mad:
it was worth a try.

alot of folks get a little confused & don't load the custom tune.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok...called Bama Tuning this morning. They did not notice in the comments section that I put that I needed the EGR delete written in to the tunes. They are going to re-do all 3 tunes and email them to me within 30 minutes or so. That's pretty good customer service! I will load the new one tonight and see what happens....crossing fingers.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got home tonight, downloaded the new tune and installed it in the car. After taking it about 5 miles, the check engine light didn't come back on. So...now I just have to drive it a bit to get rid of the P1000 code and then I can go for my emission testing. Will post back afterward to let you guys know how things work out.

·
Registered
998 Posts
here where I live, they used to have emission testing. But it really isn't any testing other than if it is throwing any codes. If the system has it turned off then they system can't test it.

It just depends on how they do the testing. But for the most part, if it was turned off in the tune then you shouldn't get any codes.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My P1000 code never goes away, presumably bc the rear o2s are turned off.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My P1000 code never goes away, presumably bc the rear o2s are turned off.
Well...I'm hoping that my code will go away since I had them turn the 02's off in the tune...won't it??

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i would just call Bama and have them send you a new tune

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
lol i read alot of it, but thats alot of reading lol