Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a detailing shop in MI called "Auto Lavish". I was looking around their site and holy crap they are doing a good job, then I looked at their pricing. . .

Whelp, I'll let you guys see it for yourselves. . .
Pricing

After you look at the pricing I suggest going to the "Showcase vehicles" at the top of the page and looking through their vehicles and some of their write ups. They do an absolutely amazing job but holy crap that's pricey. I honestly didn't know it got that expensive for relatively normal cars (bmw's/vw's/vette's/etc).

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wow...What is the standard pricing anyway? For example, how much would you guys charge for:

Wash
Claybar
Compound
Polish
Sealant/Wax

Even this takes me like a whole day depending on the type of vehicle. Sometimes I don't even have time to do the interior..

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are doing all those things it should take you at least a day without the interior depending on the size of the car unless you aren't really taking your time. Compounding/polishing in itself can take an entire day.

People will probably say 300~ dollars for that sort of job depending on the products you are using and how big the vehicle is.

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
Reps to both those guys. Amazing work. And definitely look up to them by means of all of our common goals. Yes we all enjoy the paycheck that comes from doing these detail jobs but it really is all about the client's car. Treating it as our own and surpassing the expectation and leaving them with a truly unique experience. Only to be calling you again in the future. That is the most gratifying part of these jobs for me. Pleased to see a biz like that. Thanks for sharing.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
OP, where are you in Michigan?

I'll detail your car for cheap.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DAMN. Gotta say I love detailing my own car though. It's pretty relaxing unless something goes wrong or I **** something up
Their writeups on Autopia are actually very good (at least the one I read). It'd be cool to go hang out there while they were working if I knew any of them. Sadly I do not.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Holy crap $90 an hour! I was thinking about $25 an hour for myself and thought that might be too high :facepalm:

That seams like a lot to me but they do seam to do really nice work. I suppose its all about what kind of clients you're going after.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy crap $90 an hour! I was thinking about $25 an hour for myself and thought that might be too high :facepalm:

That seams like a lot to me but they do seam to do really nice work. I suppose its all about what kind of clients you're going after.
Yeah I had the exact same thought as you, lol.

·
Registered
479 Posts
People who don't know any better look at you like you have a dick on your forehead when you tell them $100 for wash/clay/sealant.

And then when people look at my car vs theirs they can't tell a difference :facepalm: that's when you know to just move on.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People who don't know any better look at you like you have a dick on your forehead when you tell them $100 for wash/clay/sealant.

And then when people look at my car vs theirs they can't tell a difference :facepalm: that's when you know to just move on.
I was explaining to someone the other day what I did to my car and what I would charge for a similar job on a customers car and said around 300 dollars. He's like "I didn't pay that much to get my mother in law's car detailed"

:facepalm:

I tried after to explain the difference between the 100 dollar detail he paid for and what a complete correction is but it was pointless. . .

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was explaining to someone the other day what I did to my car and what I would charge for a similar job on a customers car and said around 300 dollars. He's like "I didn't pay that much to get my mother in law's car detailed"

:facepalm:

I tried after to explain the difference between the 100 dollar detail he paid for and what a complete correction is but it was pointless. . .
Some people will just never understand :facepalm:

I charge about $20 an hour product price excluded
I lold at dsg post
I would probably just add like $15 to upgrade from say bfwdps to snh or any other expensive nuba. bfwd for me is the cheapest lsp that I plan on offering, simply because you use so little and is easy/fast to apply/remove.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts