Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so recently my a/c stopped working and i found that the wires going to the compresser were all tore up and touching eachother, so after fixing it the a/c still will not engage and i cant seem to find the fuse for A/c.

can somebody help me out with the location of my a/c fuse?

i know the compresser still works cause when i run power directly it engages just fine.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
k so i found the fuse for the a/c.... its fine. is there some sort of relay im not seeing that i need to replace??? when i run power directly to the compressor it engages just fine.

sooooo anyone got some insight on this?

·
_
3,787 Posts
Position 6 with 15 amps. What do you mean by "you fixed it"? Did you splice those wires? I mean, u cant just tape tham all together, they need to be individually wrapped in eletric tape otherwise it will just keep shorting. You just replaced the fuse right? Now go bacl after trying the AC and tell me, is the fuse blown?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Position 6 with 15 amps. What do you mean by "you fixed it"? Did you splice those wires? I mean, u cant just tape tham all together, they need to be individually wrapped in eletric tape otherwise it will just keep shorting. You just replaced the fuse right? Now go bacl after trying the AC and tell me, is the fuse blown?
yeah i individually wrapped them to keep from touching.... i found position 6 and it is still good and new looking.

so the fuse isnt blown.... wires are fixed..... compressor is good. what could it be?

my father is telling me it wouldnt engage if there was no freon??? while i believe this to be true last summer the a/c worked great. but maybe it all leaked out somewhere?

·
_
3,787 Posts
Well, my next guess would be to just double check all the fuses. Being that it was a short, it could've affected another fuse. Also, the only relay that I know of for your compressor is the knobs on your dash.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i tested them all and they check out.... so probably out of freon i would guess.

anyone had luck with those DIY cans of freon from the auto parts store??? where does it plug in on our cars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The compressor will kick on if you are jumping it, I believe. You can try a jumper wire on the low pressure switch also. But I still think it will kick on even if you are low on freon. Here is a picture of the low pressure switch. On my 03 it is near back on passenges by the black bottle(can't remember name). They tend to go out, and I believe are about $12 at parts store.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts