Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to check if this needs to be changed and I'm sure it does.

Where is it located on a 2003 GT and does anyone have pics?

Thank you.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
We do not have cabin air filters

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yup...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Has anyone retrofitted one? Is there enough room under the cowl?
Why?

I really don't mean to be confrontational or argumentative (and please keep in mind I am a geezer), however it's just a gimmicky something the marketing department added to newer cars--do you wear a mask when driving with the windows down, or while walking down the street?

Same air...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.

Hmm I've seen some dirty air filters so it is catching something. All that dust and debri. If it's not being caught in the filter then it's coming in I would assume, no?

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
Why?

I really don't mean to be confrontational or argumentative (and please keep in mind I am a geezer), however it's just a gimmicky something the marketing department added to newer cars--do you wear a mask when driving with the windows down, or while walking down the street?

Same air...
It would keep the evap coil cleaner, same reason you have a HVAC filter in your air handler at home.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You can tell a difference in old filter. I replaced the one in my girlfriends corolla and it smells much cleaner. It had a real bad musty smell with the defroster on.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
put it this way, they were so gimmiky ford stopped putting them in. Our 2008 Milan doesnt even have them anymore

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
when i worked at ford i remeber the lincon mkz had a filter in the seat and i had no idea that they did.
basically it was a fart filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts