Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to me a couple of times already. i was going from 2nd at 5-6k rpm then when shifting to 3rd i got locked out. what can i do to solve this problem? I have a barton short shifter w/out the 2 post bracket. any help would be great!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Heh, get a T-56 or TR6060.......... Problem solved......... LOL. Seriously though, is it repeatable? Does it do it at any other speeds than what's described?

Reactions: kcobra

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, get a T-56 or TR6060.......... Problem solved......... LOL. Seriously though, is it repeatable? Does it do it at any other speeds than what's described?
yes it's repeatable, but doesn't happen so often. 2-3 or 4-5. But it has never happen when i shift from 3-4.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

only at high rpms

·
Registered
843 Posts
How many miles have you put on it? Done a fluid change?

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Amsoil fluid, stainless clutch line, Whiteline bushing insert and an MGW shifter. Been running this setup for 25,000 miles and have not missed a shift yet. And I sometimes go to 7500 rpms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im at 34k, and have not change the fluids

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Amsoil fluid, stainless clutch line, Whiteline bushing insert and an MGW shifter. Been running this setup for 25,000 miles and have not missed a shift yet. And I sometimes go to 7500 rpms.
should i change the fluids and my clutch line also?? is there a big diff?

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Fluid makes smoother shifts, clutch line makes more positive engagement as underhood temps rise.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What he said. I used to have some notchiness on cold driving before I switched to Redline D4 fluid.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Amsoil MTG or MTF/Redline MTL.

Take your pick. Every trans reacts differently to each fluid. You may have to try both to find the "honey" for your trans. Redline MTL and Amsoil MTF are tech spec speaking, nearly identical.

I run MTG in S.Carolina and love it, however on cold days you have to let the fluid warm up before hard shifting it.

Reactions: 5.0 Funk
1 - 10 of 10 Posts