Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing I got a call wensday that all my parts were instaled and every thing looked good I was going to pick up my car on friday. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2011/213634-finally-took-my-car-today.html (my story so far)

So about ah say 30 mins later my dealer calls. the service manager is on the line this time he goes ah Mr. Haut. It looks like there still is a problem. I say well that ****ing sucks what could it be?

They then began to explane that there was a clunking while shifting. Well I said that's nice the syrincos are shot in the tranny eh? He said yep we have to tear it down and rebulid it. I was like yeah go ahead.

****ing **** huh?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well at least there fixing it lol.
At 9k miles my car wouldn't shift into a gear at all.... not even if you pumped the clutched or tried to muscle it in. So I took it in and they did the tsb on the car. I went and picked the car up and got a mile down the road and flipped a bitch and brought it back.

I got to the service counter and told the service manager I just picked my car up but the shifts were still very notchy and I couldn't downshift form 3rd to 2nd.....

They told me to drive the car a few days because I hadn't driven it in a while and it probably just fealt like that....... BS

So I brought the car back the next day and then a week later get a phone call telling me that the work might not be covered because there is damage to the clutch and flywheel.

Well I tried to explain to them that this was a widespread issue and the bolts were backing out of the pressure plate causing damage to the assembly. Well they insisted that this could not happen and only way it would happen is if I was racing and " over revving " the car.

I laughed and asked them how you over rev a bone stock 2011 5.0 with a rev limiter before redline..... got no answer.

But anyways, 30 days later I got my car back and with a whole new clutch assembly....

wonder how long this one will last???????

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
That sucks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm so fed up with this bullshit. I love the MT-82s in concept. The tall ratios are fantastic and dorf the Tremecs with the same final gear. The ease of shift when working properly is second to none. But i mean WTF!

·
Registered
577 Posts
So I brought the car back the next day and then a week later get a phone call telling me that the work might not be covered because there is damage to the clutch and flywheel.
It took them a week to even look at it??

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will never. EVER regreat buying my car one bit. I knew if some thing went wrong it would take a arm and a leg to get it fixed. It always does.

Today got a call the syncrose for 2nd and 3rd gear are shot and gate 3 is dammaged. All parts are on the way. Back to the SHO for a loaner :D.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will never. EVER regreat buying my car one bit. I knew if some thing went wrong it would take a arm and a leg to get it fixed. It always does.

Today got a call the syncrose for 2nd and 3rd gear are shot and gate 3 is dammaged. All parts are on the way. Back to the SHO for a loaner :D.
Well, at least you got a nice loaner and hopefully they get it properly repaired!

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I'd run the hell out of the SHO if they gave it to me as a loaner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This should be fun...I'm about to be making my first adventure if the whine gets worse...

I'm in total agreement though. With all the horror stories out there and just waiting for the day when my problems will start, I never once regret buying this car, because for all the days until I have an issue and all the days after the issues are resolved...THIS IS ONE HELL OF AN AWESOME MACHINE!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
This should be fun...I'm about to be making my first adventure if the whine gets worse...

I'm in total agreement though. With all the horror stories out there and just waiting for the day when my problems will start, I never once regret buying this car, because for all the days until I have an issue and all the days after the issues are resolved...THIS IS ONE HELL OF AN AWESOME MACHINE!!!
+1 :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
lame! i was hoping he 11's would only have a few lemon transmissions.....

it really has put me off on wanting a new 5.0 quickly! i want ford to get their **** together and bring back all the work back into the US, where **** gets made right!

how are auto guys doing? haven't really heard any issues from them...at least not yet!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm glad you guys are still happy with your cars even after the issues. That's just part of the reason I am still loving my 2010, because I knew it was the end of the road on this powertrain combo and all the bugs should be worked out. Either way, you guys have a better car (when it's working properly), but us lowly 2010 guys at least don't have to worry about such things. Not trying to pick a fight at all, just things I learned from my dad, that when buying a brand new body style/powertrain vehicle you'll most likely have some headaches to deal with. Hopefully, Ford gets this all figured out and doesn't give any of you a hard time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not at all trying to thread jack, but i have a noob question that i didnt think was justified by starting an entirely new thread... question:
Is it possible to install the '11 GT/CS front bumper onto the '11 v6? I ask because its my favorit bumper.. its the setup digital synapse has on his 5.0. Its sex, and i love it. Especially with the little fogs in the lower portion of it.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to pm me in order to keep it out of this thread

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Not at all trying to thread jack, but i have a noob question that i didnt think was justified by starting an entirely new thread... question:
Is it possible to install the '11 GT/CS front bumper onto the '11 v6? I ask because its my favorit bumper.. its the setup digital synapse has on his 5.0. Its sex, and i love it. Especially with the little fogs in the lower portion of it.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to pm me in order to keep it out of this thread
Yes you can, but you'll need the bumper cover, front valence, fog light kit and a new grille.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks so much swervo... i'll never have a stang as shmexy as yours... i see that you have the setup i love so much. Appreciate it dude.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Thanks so much swervo... i'll never have a stang as shmexy as yours... i see that you have the setup i love so much. Appreciate it dude.
Look for a GT take off online somewhere, they're pretty cheap. Then upgrade to your hearts content.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I'm glad you guys are still happy with your cars even after the issues. That's just part of the reason I am still loving my 2010, because I knew it was the end of the road on this powertrain combo and all the bugs should be worked out. Either way, you guys have a better car (when it's working properly), but us lowly 2010 guys at least don't have to worry about such things. Not trying to pick a fight at all, just things I learned from my dad, that when buying a brand new body style/powertrain vehicle you'll most likely have some headaches to deal with. Hopefully, Ford gets this all figured out and doesn't give any of you a hard time.

It's not actually a new model problem. It's a POS Chinese quality control issue with the Getrag transmission.

There have been VERY few problems with the 5.0 itself, it's just the POS Chinese made transmission. Ford needs to switch back to the Tremec and problem solved.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's not actually a new model problem. It's a POS Chinese quality control issue with the Getrag transmission.

There have been VERY few problems with the 5.0 itself, it's just the POS Chinese made transmission. Ford needs to switch back to the Tremec and problem solved.
I have to laugh every time someone blames China for the transmission. It is a German designed transmission built in a factory that Getrag built in China. So it is a German transmission built in a German company's factory. If Chinese manufacturing was such crap no one would have an iPad or iPhone either since parts of those are made there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It doesnt matter who owns the company. They have cheaper labor their that just doesnt produce good products probably cause they generally arent asked to do so. I use to be in to bowling and when Brunswick opened up in Mexico a couple of years ago they screwed up the quality big time for a about a year until they got it under control. It doesnt matter how good the design is if the execution is off. I think how well it works when its working right and the fact that its only effecting some shows that its not the design its the workmanship

1 - 20 of 24 Posts