Modded Mustang Forums banner

Long Tube Header Question

776 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  carnut59 
#1 ·
Well I just landed a job so in a few weeks I'll begin ordering new parts for the stang. The first thing I did to it was have a custom exhaust installed. I went with true duals just because I love them but now I'm wondering if I'll be able to install LT headers with them?

#2 ·
If you ran the custom exhaust right from the stock manifold then it's not going to bolt right up, but it probably wouldn't be a big deal getting them to fit. After you install, just go back to your exhaust shop and they should be able to just chop off the part of the pipe that attached to your manifold, shorten it up, and install another end on the pipe so it bolts to the LTs.

#4 ·
I would say that it shouldn't be that tough. Probably be a little easier since the flange on the LTs will be down under the car instead of up by the engine like on the stock manifold, which is a pain in the ass to get at the bolts on passenger side.

If you call your shop and tell them what your plans are, I'm sure they'd give the the scoop.

#8 ·
Haha wow it's not often I see others from Iowa around here. When I get the headers I got a shop in downtown Cedar Rapids that did my custom exhaust for me and did a damn good job so I'll take it back to them to do the headers. Professional Muffler I think it's called.

#10 ·
Not good. Colder than hell, but I'm still wearing shorts. :)

I paint most of my little stuff in my basement in the warmer air so they dry better. I also have an attached garage. It's not heated, but it stays a lot warmer than outside. Plus I'm in out of the wind, which is a first.

That ford emblem will leave a hole behind if you remove it, JTLYK. Go nuts on the dealership sticker though, I hate those things.

#11 ·
Ah I wish I had a basement. Moved over by Kirkwood Community College with my family (I figured it's cheaper than moving out plus I'm 1/8 mile from school) so we're living in an apartment. Got a garage and it's not heated either so I'm kinda screwed as far as coldness goes. I'm looking at moving down to Texas when I finish up with schooling. Warmth ftw :D

Damn, I'll have to wait on removing the Ford emblem until I get the car painted then :p

#12 ·
If you run a big space heater in the garage around the stuff you want to paint it might warm the stuff up enough to let the paint cure. I'd love to move outta IA, I hate winter!!! Saves me from piling up miles on the stang, but now I only get to drive it for like 8 months outta the year.

I'm shave all the emblems and stuff when I repaint my stang. Looks so much cleaner!

#13 ·
Haha I'm gonna risk running the stang through the winter. For a while there it looked like there was no chance of snow for a long time but damn it's getting colder now and we got some rain (with a tiny bit of ice) last night. My gf wasn't happy that I was having fun sliding around corners :p (that's the only thing winter here is good for lol)

#14 ·
I'm lucky that my family has like 13 or 14 cars and trucks so I have a beater car for the winter. As long as you have good snow tires you should be just fine. I think the snow held off until like mid-january last year, but we were still getting snow storms at the end of march... I think we're gonna get snow here real soon :( probably won't stick for a while though since the ground isn't frozen over yet

Its a blast sliding around the corners and parking lots when you know what you're doing. It's those kids that come up here from southern states to go to college and have no idea how to drive in the snow that make it scary when you see them sliding around corners:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.