Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up i have a 87 gt with a 302 10.7 compression naturally asperated with ported and polished gt 40p heads, and gt40 intake, cobra cam with 1.72 rockers, 70mm tb, cold air intake,pullys, windage tray, t5 tranny with deep 1st,2nd,3rd gear currently running 1 5/8 unequal shorts with 2 1/2" h pipe and flow masters no tail pipes . is it worth much to go to full lengths with a x pipe for the money?Also was tinking a electric fan anyone have any results after changing to a electric fan "I know the stock clutch fan is not too bad is it worth the carging and cooling trouble?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
yes. and what charging trouble. Do both, if youre getting 107 outa your p combo with shorties youre ahead of most fags

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you added mass air to your setup? If not how have you been able to get the speed density to work with all of the engine changes?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
speed desity is from 86-88 unless its a california 88 mustang then its mass air

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Have you added mass air to your setup? If not how have you been able to get the speed density to work with all of the engine changes?
You can do a lot to speed density cars, it's when you change the cam that is when you run into issues if you don't put an SD friendly cam in.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
^^ word and even then if you find a tuner willing to actually put some effort into tuning the car they can tune it for whatever you need.. speed density tuning requires more time and knowledge then just buring a sct chip and claiming to be a tuner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
compression

I`m making about 20 more horsepower than simmilar combos , because i am running a higher compression ratio, and everything is ported, polished and gasket matched.I am also running speed density and have had zero issues with it.My cam duration is not much longer than factory that maybe why it is not giving me any trouble.But at this point it almost seems like a myth!This car actually had a blower when i first got it but it went and I did not have the money for another one.It ran fine with the blower too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts