Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing my long tube headers some time this week and was wondering if i will need a tune for them currently running an sctx3 on 93 octane tune? Any routes you guys went id like to hear if i do need a tune where can i get it thanks guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You won't need a tune (won't get a CEL), but you should get one to get the most out of the longtubes. I went with a tune after my install.

Tip for install: When I did my longtube install, I dropped the k-member to gain access to the bolts. I had read that it was possible to install them without removal, but once I got under there, it seemed much quicker to just drop it, and it was.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Don't you need a tune b/c the O2 sensors are moved back and the timing for the computer to read them properly is changed?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Don't you need a tune b/c the O2 sensors are moved back and the timing for the computer to read them properly is changed?
You really should for that reason. You dont "need" one, but your better off.

And also like Ls1gt said, a tune will maximize performance of them. I would get a custom tune with longtubes. You spend the money on them, and all the time on the install, why not get a tune for them?

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
passenger side isn't that bad. I cant remember the drivers side though. We've removed the passenger side a few times now. the only thing we had to do to remove it was loosen the passenger side motor mount , remove the starter. After that... I don't think we are the only ones... but our starter only has 2 bolts holding it in... lol

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
You really should for that reason. You dont "need" one, but your better off.

And also like Ls1gt said, a tune will maximize performance of them. I would get a custom tune with longtubes. You spend the money on them, and all the time on the install, why not get a tune for them?
Agreed, its always good to get the tune but you will be fine without it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will be getting a tune after cam install just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have a
Problem driving with the long tubes and no tune for them. Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts