Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research on MAC LTHs (Since they are the only ones to make them for Autos), and I've seen many hardships about the installation, including having to unmount the engine, the starter, and the steering shaft, is this true? And once they're installed, would I have to take them off again to access the transmission?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
MAC isn't the only company that makes longtubes for an auto SN-95.

I had to unbolt my engine and lift it some and remove the steering shaft on my fox to get the longtubes in the car. Install still only took about an hour, maybe hour and a half. It's not a very big ordeal.

·
Registered
254 Posts
MAC isn't the only company that makes longtubes for an auto SN-95.

I had to unbolt my engine and lift it some and remove the steering shaft on my fox to get the longtubes in the car. Install still only took about an hour, maybe hour and a half. It's not a very big ordeal.
Its the same on an SN. I fought mine for slightly longer trying to get around the steering shaft. After removing that, it went right in...didn't even need to lift the motor for that side. Don't know if your auto will differ, but I doubt it. You have to lift it VERY little to get the passenger header to fall in.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
What do you mean path to the transmission? If you're referring to the bellhousing bolts, they're easier to get at, on a fox at least.. It get's the cats that were right up against the bell, out of the way, and leaves more room to get at bolts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean path to the transmission? If you're referring to the bellhousing bolts, they're easier to get at, on a fox at least.. It get's the cats that were right up against the bell, out of the way, and leaves more room to get at bolts.
Like if I had to pull it out for a rebuild, would they get in the way?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have to pull the tranny for a rebuild and you have to take an extra hour to remove them its worth it even if they are in the way. longtubes are better than shorties any day of the week. Thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the mid-pipe? If I want cats (cause of NY laws), should I buy an O/R H pipe and get cats welded at the end?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd go with a catted X pipe then. you cant put the cats to far back or they will never fire off and you wont pass emissions. Unless its just a visual then put them where ever
or just put them on when you have to get inspected :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd go with a catted X pipe then. you cant put the cats to far back or they will never fire off and you wont pass emissions. Unless its just a visual then put them where ever
or just put them on when you have to get inspected :cool:
Mac doesn't make a catted mid pipe for lts and from what I heard the bbk one doesn't match up with the macs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In that case I guess you'd have to go right after the midpipe I'd reckon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts