Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am installing plug wires and my brilliant self forgot to order new plug wires with angled boots, and I started the install Saturday and was gonna order them Monday but it slipped my mind and I just remembered that I need new plug wires and now I can't remember if 45 degree boots will clear the long tubes or if I will need 90 degree boots,

Help needed ASAP so I can order these wires and hopefully get them soon.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I had 45* ones with my longtubes and they worked fine. All headers are different though, but generally longtubes are easier to deal with as far as plug wires go. Only ones I've seen have an issue were p-head cars and even then it was still do-able.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I'll be ordering a set of Ford Racing 9mm wires then.

I'll just use the cheapo set of Xact wires I have sitting in my room till the Ford Racing wires come in that way I can still drive the car.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If you haven't already ordered them, stay away from the ford racing ones. They have very high resistance to them. I forget specs, but out of all the wires you can buy, they will give you the least amount of spark. They did that on purpose because running them with lower ohm per foot ratings can screw with electronics, but I've seen a few people run as low as 50 ohms per foot and work fine on am EFI car. I just ordered a set of the 50ohm per foot wires for my car, I haven't used them yet, but I'm confident I'll have no issues either.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2nd choice is a set of MSD super conductor wires which if I remember correctly are super low resistance per foot.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts