Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you run long tubes on an automatic 99GT?? do they make LT's to fit these cars? i have BBK shorties now and i was just curious if you they sold LT's for an auto in this year.if so what brand are they? thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
can you run long tubes on an automatic 99GT?? do they make LT's to fit these cars? i have BBK shorties now and i was just curious if you they sold LT's for an auto in this year.if so what brand are they? thanks
go with some Doug's headers, you can find them just about anywhere, easiest is jegs or summit

·
Registered
254 Posts
I myself have only put full tubes on an auto fox body, not a new edge. mine has long tubes but its also a 5 speed. all the tech articles say no problem with the doug's headers fitment, just triple check before you order that you have the right ones. many companies make 2 different types, one for looks and one for equal length tube power!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I myself have only put full tubes on an auto fox body, not a new edge. mine has long tubes but its also a 5 speed. all the tech articles say no problem with the doug's headers fitment, just triple check before you order that you have the right ones. many companies make 2 different types, one for looks and one for equal length tube power!!
i looked them up on jegs website and they say they'll fit with an auto tranny.but other than seeing ceramic or raw type.i didn't see any other difference offered. thanks for the info BTW

·
Registered
254 Posts
you will want the ceramic coated ones, they run much cooler, more power, and they look good. raw, chrome or painted fade, rust and all out look dirty after some time

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
mac is the only ones i found that will work on the auto's. i have called them for applications for a mach and another gt that were auto.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
depends on who you go thru really, usually around $360 or so. i paid $250 for mine when AM was getting rid of them and was trying to get them gone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want a set for mine.i jsut didn't know how sold them or even if they were made to fit these cars.do they also make a matching x or h-pipe for those headers??

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
MAC longtubes on my auto..i have them paired with a VRS Off-Road X pipe.

·
Registered
609 Posts
go with MAC

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I have an auto and went through the same **** of lookin everywhere for LT headers, and I can only find MAC. Goin with MAC LT ceramic coated, and a Lethal catted x-pipe to finish up my exhaust.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for all the info guys.i will be getting some of these.and the ones on ebay are pick up local only,no shipping. that sucks!i live way away from him. i don't mind the chrome headers.i have chrome shortys on mine now and you can't hardly see them anyhow.did you guys have yours put on by a shop or did you do it your self? and if you had it done how much does it cost? i know the engine has to be raised up and all that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
the only problem I had with my bbks LTs was the o2 plug was hitting the pan on the auto trans. and it was only the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts