Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips and tricks on how to get the oil dipstick reinstalled after installing longtubes? I finished installing my Kooks LT's and had the engine mounts and steering shaft disconnected to get more hard room, but I cannot seem to get the tube lined up snaking down the block, to go into the hole. I am just doing it by myself and I know a second set of hands could help but, if someone has a trick up their sleves, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Undo the top bolt, get a bright light, and a buddy to help.

·
Registered
954 Posts
get underneath and using a pliers very carefully, wiggle the tube into the hole. I know it is a hard one to put back in, I had problem when doing someone elses longtubes

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out tonight. There is this thing mounted on the drivers side strut tower that ahs a hose going into intake manifold. I know that on some of the 2005-2006 models this thing was in a different location than my 2007. i disconnected it from the strut tower a rotated it out of the way. By doing this, i was able to get the correct rotatin of the dipstick tube and got it into the hole right away.

Thanks for all your input.

Sean

·
Registered
727 Posts
Glad you figured it out. When I did mine it popped right back in without too much trouble... What kind of headers you put on?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kooks with Catted H-pipe.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good choice, bet it sounds nice!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should, once it is all back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts