Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 mustang gt. shortly after purchasing the car i bought full exhaust from mac. however the only thing i have installed was the axle back now its tme for the long tubes and i will be doing this myself.

so anyone with any experience installing headers can chime in and give some pointers such as tools required what you used i know this will take me all day hell im on vacation so i got time, i just want to make sure i do the job right.

thanks for your help

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
search function nets great results, but I'll bite:

Disconnect battery:

Remove oem exhaust and exhaust manifolds, support motor with floor jack (place wood between floor jack and oil pan, remove driver side motor mount bolt, raise motor, slide in long tube from below and tighten up. Lower motor, re-install motor mount bolt.

Passenger side, remove motor mount bolt and starter, raise motor, slide in long tube from below and tighten up, lower motor, tighten motor mount, re-install starter, put in mid pip and couple back up with axle back.

It is not necessary to pull down the k-member as several mention. I have this job down to about 3-4hrs now with no extra hands helping.

1st time, plan on 6 hours. Don't even think about trying to slide the passenger side long tube in past the starter, you'll be wasting your time. It looks like it will go, but it won't.

Good luck..

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Dont reuse the gaskets... If the headers came with new ones use them and I would recomend some locking header bolts...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts