Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Regular
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my longtube headers tomorrow via fed ex. Has anyone heard of pacesetter longtube headers?

·
your mom likes it
631 Posts
That's not really what they're for. Lol. They will change the sound, but more importantly they'll increase top end power. You x or h pipe and mufflers have more to do with sound, they too affect power though.

·
your mom likes it
631 Posts
I'd make sure they'll even fit before you pay to have it done. You still owe even if they don't fit, they'll still want labor for taking it apart. Did you get a new mid pipe set? That won't work anymore either. Don't mean to rain on your parade, just don't want to see anyone get jacked.

·
Regular
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sudzkng you were right. I had to get a x pipe done so the long tubes will work . Damn longtubes lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
I can't say that I noticed any difference going from a shorty to a full length with my 84. I'm not going to bother with my 88, unless it get's a stroker.....

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Im looking for someone that currently has shortie headers and off road h or x that wants to replace it with lt and same style mid pipe. Id do free before and afters as long as it was the only change between the two sessions for an apples to apples comparison.

·
Regular
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I only got my x pipe done, the shops in houston are very busy lol. I'm getting the LT's installed tomorrow. Just out of curiosity why won't LT headers not work without x pipe?

·
your mom likes it
631 Posts
The old x pipe reached into the engine bay to connect the mufflers to the stock headers. The long tube headers move that connection point nearly 2 feet further under the car, so a shorter x pipe is needed to connect the headers and mufflers.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Im looking for someone that currently has shortie headers and off road h or x that wants to replace it with lt and same style mid pipe. Id do free before and afters as long as it was the only change between the two sessions for an apples to apples comparison.
really??? Ive got hooker shorties and O/R H pipe, believe its stock mufflers. What LTs do you have??? btw, what are stock mufflers on a 5.0? Are they magnaflows of some sort?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts