Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the LT's, o/r h, mil elim, o2 extension pair, ill need to pickup gaskets (what kind?), and thats all i should need correct?

Going to get this done hopefully sunday

im thinking about installing the headers and mid pipe and then driving to a shop to get the rest fabbed/welded, how much should i pay for this?

i already have basically brand new 2.5" divorced catback thrush +tips

im going to follow the writeup mycurse01 posted in my other thread

How To Install Long Tube Headers on your Mustang V6

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
If your buying new gaskets buy ford oem ones.

Lots of people say that re using the stock ones are fine too, thats what i did.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
no problems w/ reusing?
I didnt have any problems, between the headers and the heads are pretty much the only spots that dont leak. lol

Make sure the gaskets are in good condition though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i reused mine. on a ten+ year old car nonetheless lol

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I didnt have any problems, between the headers and the heads are pretty much the only spots that dont leak. lol

Make sure the gaskets are in good condition though.
These makes me think that getting longtubes to replace my leaking midpipe and headers isn't a good idea:(

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Summit Yes. Stage 3 got theirs directly from Pace' i belive and they were on back order. Summit had them in stock. Love me some summit !

I reused my stock manifold gasket, and put some copper gasket spray on them.

Pacesetters do not come with a high temp paint. I had mine sand blasted, and painted them myself with some high temp paint. Got pretty scratched though so who knows how that will work out.

Install wasnt to bad. Helped alot to have an extra hand. I crawled under and held the LT's in place while my dad started the bolts for me. Definately need a 10mm wrench to tighten things ... ratchet (atleast a 3/8) wont fit. Didnt try a 1/4 lol. But I did have a small advantage as to the LT's went in w/o heads to fight around, and my engine was not bolted down so I jacked it up about 2-3 inches and slide the passenger side LT from the bottom. It is a VERY TIGHT fit. But is possible. I would recommend just unbolting the bottom two motor mount bolts and lifting it up. A jack will work fine for that under the oil pan. Thats what I used instead of chaining it up again to the lift. Got everything bolted intoplace. Wiggled the engine back down. and things fit just fine. The only problem I see w/ it being an auto is that the pass' side O2 sensor is verd to fit in. I would suggest screwing it in before you install it. But it is possible to screw in after.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im kind of confused atm, don't i just swap over the o2 sensors from my stock manifolds? i also have mil elims to take care of the code, and i've got a tuner.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts