Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have installed LT's and had the car run like crap? I have read a few stories on this and will be installing LT's in a few days. What causes this? How can it be corrected?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just purchased the Percy Gaskets that you were having trouble with. Do you still recommend them? It comes with 4, did you double them up?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i recommend them, i just have terrible luck with this car. i am the one that get that 1 in 100,000 that will go bad. i will be installing abother set on there soon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lol, dont seperate the 2 metal parts on the gaskets. There are 2, not 4, though if you feel you are stronger by spliting one of them into 2 pieces, then, gratz to you!

if they came to you seperated, I suggest returning them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When i installed mine the car ran rich as hell and would actually cut off while idling. I fixed it with my Diablo tuner and now it runs great.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, dont seperate the 2 metal parts on the gaskets. There are 2, not 4, though if you feel you are stronger by spliting one of them into 2 pieces, then, gratz to you!

if they came to you seperated, I suggest returning them.
It is indeed 4 seperate pieces already.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
when i did mine, the car ran like crap for about 20 mins but i keep driving, i think it has something to do with the computer cycleing through, but it can be a pain making sure u have no leaks, plus a good tune will help a lot. and remeber to get o2 sensor extensions, and mil elems, but the tune will turn the CEL off

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im looking at mine right now, its 2 pieces, each piece is 2 gaskets mushed together, at each end its pressed together, can even see a mark where it looks like it was pressed with a heat gun of some sort. Im sure I could pry them apart but package said 2 head gaskets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
99 cobra convertible

Im thinking of going L/Ts but I also have the Eibach pro springs and Tokico adj struts and shocks, My question is will there be an issue with scraping of the L/Ts with basani x-pipe and maganaflow catback or should I just go mid length

·
Registered
276 Posts
ok..so ive never owned anything but f-bodys...but i just bought 01 gt and the guy gave me a set of coated headers to go with it. Now they have the extensions, but what is this mil eliminators your talkin about? I figure its gunna jack with the way it runs, especially since im gettin rid of the cats when i do the rest of the exaust. So how do i fix this lol

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok..so ive never owned anything but f-bodys...but i just bought 01 gt and the guy gave me a set of coated headers to go with it. Now they have the extensions, but what is this mil eliminators your talkin about? I figure its gunna jack with the way it runs, especially since im gettin rid of the cats when i do the rest of the exaust. So how do i fix this lol
I too have only owned F-bodies, this is my first Mustang so we are in the same boat. MIL eliminators simply keep the SES light from coming on after removal of cats.

Also, I only need one pair of extensions correct? My front 02 sensors will reach their new location correct?

·
Registered
276 Posts
ok well the headers i have, have o2's with extensions on them. so all i will need to keep the ses light off is a set of eliminators?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
what caused mine (and a few others, why not all i have no clue) to run bad was how far down the 02's were extended. My car ran like a cold natured carb motor on a cold start-up and would nearly buck you out of the car if you set the cruise or held it steady anywhere between 12-1500 rpms. I took it to the tuner b/c my mail ordered tune didnt completely fix the problem.

Basically his explanation was when the O2's were moved farther away, the sensors were getting wild readings due to the exhaust cooling off by the time it got there and the computer trying to compensate for it (at least thats what i gathered from it). I have no clue what he did to fix it, but he did...

hope that helps bro

·
Registered
276 Posts
hope i dont have that problem because all my friends just have chevy tuing equipment! lol no ford guys round here that i know of

1 - 18 of 18 Posts