Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Dynatech LT's and looking to get a custom 3" X-pipe and 3" tail pipes into some 3" Magnapacks. I was wondering if this would even be worth it. I would have to raise the car back up since the headers already rub on everything. I want to run a 305/45/18 and they won't fit unless the car is raised back to factory ride height but can't find a front tire that I like to match the rear in height. I like the way the car looks with the tall sidewall.

Just can't decide on what I want. If the tires would look good and the exhaust would help I will do it but if either won't work then I won't worry about it. If anyone has any pics of cars with factory ride height and some taller sidewalls on 18's they will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I saw an article on a 3v stroker on an engine dyno. They made several runs with both 2 1/2 and 3 inch collectors and saw no gains with the bigger collector. Granted this car wasnt blown like yours is and IMO I think there are gains to be seen with them with a car setup like yours. The article was an N/A car with Comp Cams.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steeda ultralite's, I think 1" up front and 1 1/4" in the back. I am calling around right now to see about a custom X-pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts