Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh ok thanks, also...on a stock engine, how much power would u actually gain from this or how much would it help other mods....and if i were to take my car to a muffler shop do u think it would cheaper to have them fab up longtubes? or would buying LTs be a better bet? last question if i had longtubes but i also had a catted shorty h pipe would i still be able to pass emissions?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ahh ok thanks, also...on a stock engine, how much power would u actually gain from this or how much would it help other mods....and if i were to take my car to a muffler shop do u think it would cheaper to have them fab up longtubes? or would buying LTs be a better bet? last question if i had longtubes but i also had a catted shorty h pipe would i still be able to pass emissions?
it will not be cheaper to have custom l/t's fabed up. the material cost alone are about the same or a little more then what it would cost to buy them. not add the labor and it will cost a lot more.
with a cated shorty mid pipe you should pass a sniffer or computer emissions test but i dk about a visual inspection.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i don't think ohio has emission checks, I've never had them...

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
your best best is to call the local dmvs about legal exhaust modifications if you are inspected.

and like 02 said, youre better off buying long tubed (mac long tubes with ceramic coating are best quality and price around) because fabricating something will 1) cost more and 2) need more custom fabbing for the rest of the system.

you will gain a lot of top end hp and flow much better. look at 12-15 rwhp, more with intake mods and a tune.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well when i got my mustang back in september i had to get emmisions checked before i could get my plates, and i think ohio has always had emmission checks...but anywho...

If i bought the long tubes, would it be easier to have them fab up the Hpipe with cats cause i was already going to have them cut behind the stock cats and put in a true dual, but if its worth the money then i would go with long tubes shorty h with cats and flowmaster 40s out the back

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
talk with chad at crazylegs, a site vendor, he got me great prices on them he might be able to help you too

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
idk, might have been a local city law or something, I wouldn't think emission laws would be anything other than state law but idk...I've never had them, and neither has any of my friends...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
it will not be cheaper to have custom l/t's fabed up. the material cost alone are about the same or a little more then what it would cost to buy them. not add the labor and it will cost a lot more.
with a cated shorty mid pipe you should pass a sniffer or computer emissions test but i dk about a visual inspection.
stop putting down MAC LTs. They are a very good quality header, and even the V8 guys recommend them over kooks, SLP, BBK, etc. Dont say that only the V6 MAC LTs are low quality too. Theyre all made out of the same material...just with one less runner. Yur just jealous cause you have shorties. :tomato

1 - 10 of 10 Posts