Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like someone might actually like us 4.0 enthusiasts. Possibly... It could be a joke :).
BBR cares. yay.....

Engine

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
sweet! how much hp/tq would that give us?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.. We dont know any of the specs for the cams or heads. There is no telling what kind of numbers that would give us.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wish what?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
well someone do it and tell us how it goes ;)

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Well it has (according to what they plan) just about the same valve sizes and flow rate as the Super six stage 2 heads but with a little more lift valve springs then the Super six stage 3.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Well it has (according to what they plan) just about the same valve sizes and flow rate as the Super six stage 2 heads but with a little more lift valve springs then the Super six stage 3.
what does that mean exactly?

edit: on super 6's website, they have the hp/tq dyno gains for the 2+, but they dont have the stage 3 gains. do you know what they are?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
o ya ya sorry. i just looked at their website... couldnt find that h/c stuff you were talking about.

they have the #gains for the stage 2+ on their site:
4.0 SOHC Mustang, automatic transmission, single exhaust, Stage 2+ cylinder heads, gained
25 peak RWHP and 19 ft-lbs RWTQ with non-peak gains of up to 50 RWHP and 80 ft-lbs
RWTQ with no tuning changes on a Mustang chassis dyno. 5-speeds will net higher gains, and
even higher gains are anticipated with tuning changes.

but they dont have the numbers for the stage 3(the stage 3 they do show also has an s/c added)
do you know what super six's stage 3 heads/cam setup adds in hp/tq?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I sent them an email asking for the HP/TQ gains with the stage 3 heads and cam without the supercharger. Hopefully they reply soon.
o man rep for that. thanks

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Damn...This is from Tom Yentzer at super six motorsports

"Our cam manufacturer went out of business a while back, we therefore no longer have cams available. Anyway, we tested Stage 3 heads and cams on a procharged car, they added 90 RWHP. Stage 2+ are of course still available."

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Damn...This is from Tom Yentzer at super six motorsports

"Our cam manufacturer went out of business a while back, we therefore no longer have cams available. Anyway, we tested Stage 3 heads and cams on a procharged car, they added 90 RWHP. Stage 2+ are of course still available."
its tom morana no..?
ive heard its always been tom morana.
tomato tomata

either way, that sucks they dont make them anymore. 90 rwhp without fi would be sweet.but that is on an fi car, so maybe it would be like 70...?

what does stage 2+ do to gas milage? does it absolutly kill it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
the guy at super six motor sports said if we can find someone who has a cam for there
v6 if they wouldnt mind taking it out an sending it to super six so they can copy it and then start making more. like everyone ask the guy on youtube for 2008 v6 cam ask him if he will do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I am currently working with L&M engines to "recreate" the cams for SSm stage 3 heads. MIcheal has done lobe geometry and they are off to be reground this next week. I should have them in hand by months end. then off to Tom at SSM to complete the stage 3 heads.

Didnt cost too much:)

The upshot is also that with the master file, now micheal can do any lift/duration one can want. So we now have the ability to try many different cam profiles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys,
I am currently working with L&M engines to "recreate" the cams for SSm stage 3 heads. MIcheal has done lobe geometry and they are off to be reground this next week. I should have them in hand by months end. then off to Tom at SSM to complete the stage 3 heads.

Didnt cost too much:)

The upshot is also that with the master file, now micheal can do any lift/duration one can want. So we now have the ability to try many different cam profiles.
sweet thanks:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts