Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am wanting to replace my stock wheels and tires and I was thinking about the white ones in the top left hand corner....

AFS Wheels

Do you think these would look good on a white 89 LX???

As for tires what would you get for street use (dry and wet)???

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
what size are you gettin......and i guess they would look ok im just not one for white wheels....sorry

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm all for the cobra r's but not for the white imo go chrome

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I dont like white wheels on white cars

·
Registered
387 Posts
what is the finish? powder coat? price seems a little high for a site that is all flip floped around..."Please see the pictures below." but the pic is in the top corner... i wouldn't trust it...

and as far as whit wheels.. do what you want and its good to be different unless the coppers are lookin for ya:booze

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i like the white wheels but thats just me.. i love the cobra r's there are only 4 sets of wheels i have found that look good on these cars.... ponys,93 cobra fan blade style,cobra r's,and welds (style) IMO

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
and prostars

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think they would look great on your car. Just remember to clean them often. Brake dust sticks on wheels pretty quickly, and it is visible on white ones much sooner than in any other color.

My favorite wheels are Saleens, but i dont think there available as 4-lug.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
i think the white on white won't be enough of a contrast.

this is the closest i could find.
doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
it's your car buddy, don't worry about what other people think

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah I was think of going with wheels like that.

I use to see a all white fox body like mine white ground affects and all with white wheels and blacked out windows. It looked sick.

I say go for it. I was a little worried about the brake dust issue. Don't know how hard it'd be to keep them clean looking

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If you like them, then get them. AFS has been doing the wheel thing for awhile and is one of the few places that does black chrome wheels at a reasonable price.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
do it!!! those are the exact same rims ima get with my tax return moneys ill post pics but dont expect them anytime soon

·
Registered
698 Posts
They had some bright yellow ones listed for awhile, now that's rolling stock! Hey, the white ones look good and if ya don't like them later, have them painted.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i'm a big fan of white wheels on white cars.. i plan on getting white bullitts for my fox.. check out this video.. this guy has white cobra r's

Reactions: 8t6gt

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's a nice looking mustang. He needs to get white louvered taillight covers. Cheesegraders is what I call them.

Good clip.

Not to hi-jack the thread but do you think they'd look good on my white 89. Thing I don't like would be the gray on the bottom of my car. Almost have to paint my ground affects white for that look.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That's a nice looking mustang. He needs to get white louvered taillight covers. Cheesegraders is what I call them.

Good clip.

Not to hi-jack the thread but do you think they'd look good on my white 89. Thing I don't like would be the gray on the bottom of my car. Almost have to paint my ground affects white for that look.
Paint your wheels half white and half titanium. Whenever you stop you will have to line the wheels up just right to complete the look. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts