Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh Oh...look what I got....tune in tomorrow night for some SWEET install pics...maybe a write up. Funny how there isn't a 'how-to' for the Hurst on here...well there will be tomorrow evening! I'm gonna dream of hard launches tonight that's for sure...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
your gonna love it man add another to the hurst crew!!

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
my bro is thinking about getting a short throw... are they the best for 05+... how is the install?

The MGW is the Best one available for the S197... installing shoud take about 2 hours no matter the shifter, unless you have a lift available and decide to unbolt the D/S to make it easier

·
Registered
379 Posts
The MGW is the Best one available for the S197... installing shoud take about 2 hours no matter the shifter, unless you have a lift available and decide to unbolt the D/S to make it easier
+1 mgw ftw! i felt the hurst at the dealership the other day on a shelby gt, it doesn't feel bad but i love the strong return springs on my mgw that the hurst is lacking

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
+1 mgw ftw! i felt the hurst at the dealership the other day on a shelby gt, it doesn't feel bad but i love the strong return springs on my mgw that the hurst is lacking

:yes

Loaded return spring
Throw adjustability
Hight adjustability
position adjustability
Higher quality
Dynamat included
does'nt re-use stock parts

Hands down the best shifter for the money

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
my bro is thinking about getting a short throw... are they the best for 05+... how is the install?
Are they the best, probably not. Are they a good,quality shifter? DAMN STRAIGHT!! But that is a subjective question. Its kind of like asking if a stock mustang GT is the best muscle car out there? No would be the answer. But I believe it is the best bang for your buck & is an awsome platform to build/improve on.Soo for the money 179.99 buys you a cool look, a solid feeling shifter that has a 40% shorter shrow than a stock shiter & I have NEVER missed a gear since installing the Hurst.
I have absolutley no regrets..
Its all up to you, how much do you want to spend??

·
Registered
870 Posts
MGW>*. I drove my buddies 06 GT with a hurst shifter for like a day and i have to say my mgw owns it. The mgw is so much beefier. I would even go as far as saying that the difference between a stock shifter VS a Hurst shifter is the difference between a Hurst Shifter VS MGW.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I like my Roush!!

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
+1 for the MGW.... should we have a Crew?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I've always said that us MGW owners are lone wolves, because one of us alone can beat a whole crew of Hurst owners :cool:

but if you want, go for it :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dude bought it, took pics of it and posted it, is proud of it and of course the MGW fanboys have to chime in... "should have gotten this one" , sheez, you guys are relentless.

Look, a Z06 with a stock shifter is better than your GT, should have bought it instead.

Maybe another 1/3 rd the price for a shifter isn't worth it to some?
do boi nam cao cap quan ao nam han quoc mu so sinh cho be vay lien cong so nu vay lien cong so nu chup anh ky niem ngay cuoi
For the record, I have neither.. I'm a stock shifter loser!

To the OP... enjoy it.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Dude bought it, is proud of it and of course the MGW fanboys have to chime in... "should have gotten this one" , sheez, you guys are relentless.

Look, a Z06 with a stock shifter is better than your GT, should have bought it instead. Maybe another 1/3 rd the price isn't worth it to some?

For the record, I have neither.. I'm a stock shifter loser!

Someone defenetly can't destinguish between a Joke and a serious post, although it was asked by someone if the Hurst was the best, of course, people will put their opinions up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I must have missed where he asked for "what's best" ? Looks to me like he's happy (or was) with his purchase.
Oh.. I see, another poster after you posted "Eww" as the first reply... my bad.
do boi nam quan ao nam dep mu so sinh vay lien cong so vay lien cong so chup anh ky niem
So what's your personal experience with the two shifters? I'd be interested to hear if you've missed any shifts with the Hurst and how the MGW improved on it? I mean after all, the "feel" of a shifter is obviously a personal thing, so it must come down to missing shifts?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts