Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want chrome, and I think I like 17" wheels a bit more than going with 18's... the 17's give it a little more 'muscle car look', not to mention the extra rubber padding the ride..

I was originally going to do 18x9 and 18x10 saleens, but I've been looking at FR500s 17x9, 17x10.5 and they look good..

I REALLY want to find something truly aftermarket and less common (on stangs) but still give the muscle car look, anyone seen something chrome with a 10" width? Seems like everything I find online is some 17x8 tuner looking stuff.. I want mean, not rice..:)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
there is not alot of wheels that look good on these cars other than,bullitts ,fr500's,cobra r,cobra,saleens,,only other is the pro stars,those look badass on these cars

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did a quick chop of 17x9 and 17x10.5 deeps

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Do black, anymore chrome and it will be too much IMHO

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do black, anymore chrome and it will be too much IMHO
hmm I'm going away from black.. I don't want the typical black and yellow mustang, that's why I got rid of the black stripes and the rocker stripe is going too.. probably going to do dark blue,

I don't realy have any other chrome except the grille (unless you're talking about the headlights and anteanna?)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
honestly, im a HUGE fan of 5 spoke rims. anything under 20" and has a 5 spoke looks pretty damn cool on these cars.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
there is not alot of wheels that look good on these cars other than,bullitts ,fr500's,cobra r,cobra,saleens,,only other is the pro stars,those look badass on these cars

This is the problem with Mustangs. When I bought my wheels I got into the whole need to have a Mustang wheel on it mind frame. I have bullitts. I am sick of seeing cars with replicas on them now. With the hundreds of thousands of different wheels made for cars and Mustang owners insist on chosing from 5! Every Mustang that dirves by looks like the own that drove by 5 minutes ago. I so can't wait until I can pick up a set of wheels that is not on every ad in every Mustang magazine.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I think the Saleens' look more ricey/tuner than the FR500s..
I will disagree. I personally hate FR-500's. :lol

:2cents

They aren't the worse rim but everybody has them. (Not like the Saleen's aren't rare, but I see more people w/ FR-500's, than Saleen's)

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the problem with Mustangs. When I bought my wheels I got into the whole need to have a Mustang wheel on it mind frame. I have bullitts. I am sick of seeing cars with replicas on them now. With the hundreds of thousands of different wheels made for cars and Mustang owners insist on chosing from 5! Every Mustang that dirves by looks like the own that drove by 5 minutes ago. I so can't wait until I can pick up a set of wheels that is not on every ad in every Mustang magazine.
I agree.. the problem is there's not much else out there.. I've been looking and unless you want 17x8s all around or 20" (which don't fit) you're choices are crap..

I really want something different, but still in line with the muscle car look..

I like these, but 18x9.5 only in Chrome, or 18x8.5 silver (WTH?)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Go w/ some nice TrueForged, CCW's, or HRE's if you're willing to spend the money :lol

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I understand your situation. To get anything other than what you are stating is going to be expensive. Replicas are a cheap way of putting a wheel on your car. Personally, I don't think 20's are too big. Let me be more specific. The right set of 20's actually does look good on these cars. Most 20's you see on the cars are straight gangsta though. That, I feel is the main turnoff for Mustang folks and 20's. I used to HATE 20's on cars for that very reason. I have seen a couple of New Edges lately though that have a 20 done right.

If you can afford it look in to companies like BBS, Raceline, True Forged, CCW, etc. They all make gorgeous non Mustang replica wheels that look like pure sex on our cars.

·
Registered
689 Posts
u can also look into getting say a 17x8.5 and have it widened. it can be done for $200 per wheel. u will still come out cheaper than ccw's or tf's lol.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I like those! ^

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ROH make some pretty nice wheels

click here

here's mine with some 17x9 Roh Snypers
Nice. like a Cobra R with more edge.. I've been looking at a lot of other vendors, thanks for the help all..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts