Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But the car has just under 100k miles on it. Kind of scares me a bit. I have had my current GT for almost 4 years, and have put barely 20k on it. It would be my daily driver (I live 3 miles from work), hardly any highway miles.

Just curious what you guys thought, that have dealt with these cars, and the longevity of them. Should I be worried? Its from a dealership, they claim everything is fine, runs great, shifts great, etc...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have found a 2001 Cobra with 93k miles on it. I guess I have the same question for that car as well as the Mach 1. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The engines will be fine if taken care of. I know of many that are beaten on a daily basis and have well over 100K on them.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Yes 4v's can handle miles as long as they are taken care of. What is the price on the Mach? just test drive it and see how it feels and listen to make sure its not making any odd noises

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12 for the Mach
13 for the Cobra
Of the two, who has the better motor? I thought I read that the 03 Mach had a bit stronger motor. GT is being traded in. still owe some on it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
13K is expensive for a mach 1 with just under 100K miles. Around were I am at mach 1s with just under 100k are going for about 11-12K sometimes even less. Look to buy from a private seller. I got an awesome deal on the MACH 1 I am buying. 03 Mach 1 with 50,500 miles. The seller had it listed for $13,000. Since he is getting stationed in Italy, he is selling to me for just under 11k.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have to get it financed. I don't have that much cash up front. I wish I could find one at that price. Which of the two had the better engine? Didn't one have more aggressive cams?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I would keep looking. Im also getting mine financed. If you look, I am sure you can find one cheaper.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
111,xxx miles and still red redlines 1-4. Granted I've only done that once from a dead stop and am pretty conservative seeing as how its my daily driver, but I give it a good run maybe once a week and she runs great. It doesn't like 7,k shifts though. Never burns oil, never had a dry cylinder start up, no codes thrown or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
gragra that first ad will be a scam but the other 2 are legit. OP, look into those two instead. If the dealership is willing to finance you then you can probably get a small auto loan to get the mach from a private seller

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
gragra that first ad will be a scam but the other 2 are legit. OP, look into those two instead. If the dealership is willing to finance you then you can probably get a small auto loan to get the mach from a private seller
I dont know if that first ad is a scam. If you are talking bout the price they might have forgot that extra 0

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I dont know if that first ad is a scam. If you are talking bout the price they might have forgot that extra 0
Im pretty positive its a scam..we get that ad all the time around here. Same writing, same layout, same everything...but with different cars. Even 12k is a low price for that car, but it could happen for sure. But im pretty sure its a scam

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Im pretty positive its a scam..we get that ad all the time around here. Same writing, same layout, same everything...but with different cars. Even 12k is a low price for that car, but it could happen for sure. But im pretty sure its a scam
Well then I guess if you have seen it alot then it prolly is a scam. Maybe I should email them and see what is said back

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I didn't even notice the 1st one. I thought it was $12,000 not 1200

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts