Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a set of slicks and i am going to go with a set of mickeys but i dont know which ones to get. Im looking at the mt et streets and the et drags. Are they both made out of the same material and the streets are just dot approved? Will the drags really even help me out that much more? Im looking more at the et streets but it would be nice to hear from someone who has used these or has used both of them. Also i noticed the drags run just a tad narrower being a 26x10x15 vs the streets which are 26x10.5x15, im not really sure why that is. Thanks guys

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i ran both, you know that :). the et streets are a harder compound, in theory need no burnout, and tread width is narrower than advertised. my 26x10.50 had a 9in tread width, and 10.50 width sidewall to sidewall. my drags have a 10in treadwidth and softer compound. i recommend the streets for you, thats just me.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the person i was hoping to chime in. Thanks mike ill go ahead and get the streets i guess

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ill say this, my et drags sure do snatch the piss out of me. Once they are hot, like none other. I havent ever even seen the et streets so cant compare. I just know for the strip only, the et drags are badass!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, any particular reason why you recomend the streets though...just curious

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill say this, my et drags sure do snatch the piss out of me. Once they are hot, like none other. I havent ever even seen the et streets so cant compare. I just know for the strip only, the et drags are badass!
Yeah thats what i want to do....just rev to 5500-6k and just hook up. Im tired of messing with the nitto dr's. Im ready for 12's :D

Im just wondering why sweet2k recomends the streets for my setup

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can leagally run them on the street :D but its not like you are running enough power where the drags are absolutely needed. if my car wasnt so low and suspension was way off, i would of never had much traction issue.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh gotcha haha. i woudnt really be driving them on the street though. Thats why i was thinking about the drags..that and an article i came across about an mm&ff 2v shootout. most of the fastest guys were running the mt drags

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i almost went with et streets for my rear saleens. but ended not going with them just due to tread life.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
oh gotcha haha. i woudnt really be driving them on the street though. Thats why i was thinking about the drags..that and an article i came across about an mm&ff 2v shootout. most of the fastest guys were running the mt drags
cause they are retarded sticky. I couldnt even hold the break hard enough when i did my burnout once they started getting hot. Then when i launched for the 1st time, i felt like i landed in the backseat. LOL. ended up letting off the gas, steering wheel, everything. i prolly looked like a idiot but it scared the piss out of me. HAHA!

Reactions: PapaSmurf

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the drags are stikier, theres no doubt about that. i loved taking the et streets out for fun around town. if not going out on the streets at all, go with the drags.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
ET Drags are completely streetable IMO... but not in rain, and not to the cop behind you.... Lots of the cars at my track go around the town on the ET Drags without a hitch on the cruises they have to go on for King Street.

ET drags are what is going on mine next....

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
ET Drags are completely streetable IMO... but not in rain, and not to the cop behind you
bingo, talking leagally. the et streets arent worth a damn in wet either, i know :mad: i got stuck out in a storm with my streets :(

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
bingo, talking leagally. the et streets arent worth a damn in wet either, i know :mad: i got stuck out in a storm with my streets :(
I had to drive my car about two years ago on the ET streets and snow started to fly... Had the skinnies up front too... That was the worst time ever in my car... took me 45 minutes to drive less than two miles....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the input guys, i really appriciate it. Ill just get the drags then, its all or nothing :)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one more question guys. Do i have to run them with the tubes? If i remember correctly alot of people dont use them and they arent absolutely required. I think it had to do with them leaking air over time without them or something

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i run no tube. i always have one that will hold air and one that will leak. i spun a tube in my streets, since then i went tubeless.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
dont know if i have tubes or not. My tires are screwed to the rim so i would assume there is a tube in there, eh? or else they would deflate as fast as you air'd them up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts