Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 94 mustang GT, blew reverse out in my T-5 tranny so i pulled all my guts out and time to do a little overhaulin, tranny is almost done and i just picked up a set of ported and polished E7TE heads and lower and upper intake, wich pretty much makes it the GT40 heads, im looking at the f303 for the sound and maybe performance but i was wondering if thats the best way to go, also looking at wich type of headers and X pipe to get, been kinda wondering about the o2 sensor and what complications thats may cause....HELP

Also was wondering if the f303 will make the piston to valve clearance for me?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Have a 94 mustang GT, blew reverse out in my T-5 tranny so i pulled all my guts out and time to do a little overhaulin, tranny is almost done and i just picked up a set of ported and polished E7TE heads and lower and upper intake, wich pretty much makes it the GT40 heads, im looking at the f303 for the sound and maybe performance but i was wondering if thats the best way to go, also looking at wich type of headers and X pipe to get, been kinda wondering about the o2 sensor and what complications thats may cause....HELP

Also was wondering if the f303 will make the piston to valve clearance for me?
may i ask how much did you give for the e7's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got a really good deal on it, 140 for the heads and 50 for the lower and upper intake, all ported and polished, and the heads have performance springs, he upgraded to edelbrock series aluminum heads and intake

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
FIrst off the F303 Cam is excellent in performance overall in torque and response. If you're worried about sound on top of performance, I would look at a Comp thumper cam or see'ing your looking at the F cams so you wanna stay cheap in the price, I would go with the B or Z cam. Honestly you have ported heads, I would treat your car with a nicer cam than f cams. Look for a cam in the 515" lift and duration of 286-292*.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright that sounds good, also do i have to get new roller guides? or can i use my stock ones? will the Z cam be in good clearance of my pistons? thats what im mostly worried about

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
All "Ford" cams made for mustang 5.0's should not occur any clearance issues. They specifically say " ?-Cam blah blah blah, 86-93 mustang with 5.0s" - Something in that favor from jegs and jegs themselves said you won't have any of those problems. Anywhere above 525" is when you may want to check clearance.

I beleive the biggest cam they have is a 542 or give or take a little on that cam. Now I don't jknow how much porting you've done to the heads but if you massively ported exhaust, I would look into the 542" But if you've porterd them "a little" or a tad more than "little" then you will be suprized what a 286 duration with 525 or even 515" can do.

The sound is not from lift, it's from the duration. Try a duration of 303* if you want that nascar choppyness or your local old man garage build big block sound. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts